Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Toon Army / EPL thread

The Toon Army / EPL thread

Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:28 pm
Nearly there! Tick, tock!

Erinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to all
Smile Re: The Toon Army / EPL thread

No, i am deffo not hoping you will say Big Al - too much too soon!

The only one to lift spirits would be the 'Special One', but he would want big funds.

I, for some strange reason, think he would fancy it as well - even though we are a long way from the fancy boutiques of Knightsbridge, etc....

The Bobby link might just do it.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:15 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Toon Army / EPL thread

Well, the Toon eeked out a 0-0 at Stoke.

BSA survives until the next embarrassment (losing the replay at home).

I can't look.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:49 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, Jesus H. Christ! I've just seen the draw for the 4th round of the FA Cup.

If we somehow manage to beat mighty Stoke in the replay at St. James' on Jan 16th, our reward is getting tonked by Arsenal at the Emirates in the next round.

What's the point of this?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Erinbrooke
No, i am deffo not hoping you will say Big Al - too much too soon!
I for one do not want to see Mr Charisma, Allan Shearer, becoming the coach at NUFC. Whenever I see that inane goal celebration and his elbows a flying play inside the penalty box I want to throw something at the screen. His sense of entitlement beggars belief. Putting him and Ian Wright together on the BBC is a recipe for disaster.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:41 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by clynnog;

Whenever I see that inane goal celebration
Which one's that?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Which one's that?
I believe only your avatar knows.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:19 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, Jesus H. Christ! I've just seen the draw for the 4th round of the FA Cup.

If we somehow manage to beat mighty Stoke in the replay at St. James' on Jan 16th, our reward is getting tonked by Arsenal at the Emirates in the next round.

What's the point of this?
Sack BSA and get someone in who knows how football should be played. I'd suggest Harry Redknapp with former Arsenal defender Tony Adams as his assistant. Both are currently at Portsmouth who are currently in 8th position in the EPL, 8 points above Newcastle. There are only 5 points seperating Portsmouth from 4th place in the league so a good run of results and dropped points by Aston Villa, Everton, Liverpool and Man City could see Pompey in the Champion's League next season.

UEFA Cup is a definite possibility for them if Arsenal or Chelski are both in the FA Cup final as the UEFA Cup place for the winner would go to 7th spot in the EPL.

Good luck against Stoke, and see you at the Emirates (hopefully).
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:04 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Sack BSA and get someone in who knows how football should be played.
No argument from me on that one.

I'd suggest Harry Redknapp with former Arsenal defender Tony Adams as his assistant. Both are currently at Portsmouth who are currently in 8th position in the EPL, 8 points above Newcastle.
Surely we're not that desperate?

... could see Pompey in the Champion's League next season.
UEFA Cup is a definite possibility for them if Arsenal or Chelski are both in the FA Cup final as the UEFA Cup place for the winner would go to 7th spot in the EPL.
No matter what, some things are just wrong.

Good luck against Stoke, and see you at the Emirates (hopefully).
Ha! I know your sort. You're more worried about Stoke than the Toon, aren't you?

<sobs>
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Surely we're not that desperate?
Aren't you. League positions are based on results.

Ha! I know your sort. You're more worried about Stoke than the Toon, aren't you?
Should we be

Newcastle's stats - P21 W7 D5 L9 Goals scored 27, conceded 33, GD -6, Points 26
Portsmouth's stats - P21 W9 D7 L5 Goals scored 31, conceded 20, GD +11, Points 34
Stoke's stats - P26 W11 D10 L5 Goals scored 42, conceded 33, GD +9, Points 43

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Jan 7th 2008 at 9:55 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:11 am
Born again atheist

Aren't you. League positions are based on results.

Should we be

Newcastle's stats - P21 W7 D5 L9 Goals scored 27, conceded 33, GD -6, Points 26
Portsmouth's stats - P21 W9 D7 L5 Goals scored 31, conceded 20, GD +11, Points 34
Stoke's stats - P26 W11 D10 L5 Goals scored 42, conceded 33, GD +9, Points 43
Well, yes, you should at the moment.

<sobs harder>

You're just lucky to avoid Leeds United.

<sobs again, even harder>

Whey, it's aal aboot tradition like innit pet?

<perks up>
<sobs again>
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:58 am
Account Closed

Well, yes, you should at the moment.

<sobs harder>

You're just lucky to avoid Leeds United.

<sobs again, even harder>

Whey, it's aal aboot tradition like innit pet?

<perks up>
<sobs again>
Awww Novo. We'll play you mid-week after the next FA Cup round.

Keep taking the medication in the meantime.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:09 am
Born again atheist

Awww Novo. We'll play you mid-week after the next FA Cup round.

Keep taking the medication in the meantime.
You got suckered into the sympathy thingy Captain H. we're gonna thrash youse buggers twice in a couple of days.

<checks medication....can't have any more tonight>
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Shinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really niceShinkansen is just really nice

Sorry mate, 'Arry and Tony going nowhere!!!

We've had the guts ripped out of our side with the African Nations Cup though so who knows what'll happen. Mind you we do have a run of reasonable games ahead of us, and like the above poster mentioned, 7th place looks pretty achievable right now!

Come on Newcastle, my Fantasy Football team's doing pi$$ poor thanks to picking a couple of your lads!!! =(

Shinkansen
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

first leg against chelski tonight, I'd forgotten what a semi-final looked like!!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:22 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by mc_dub;
first leg against chelski tonight, I'd forgotten what a semi-final looked like!!
Now you remember, eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.