Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Tim Hortons has arrived in Scotland

Tim Hortons has arrived in Scotland

Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:02 am
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice
Default Tim Hortons has arrived in Scotland

Apologies if this has already been posted ive not been on in a couple days.

Picture the scene, walking down Troon shops with my canadian aunt, gran and mum, in spar window i saw a sign for Tim hortons coffee!!!
I actually had to pinch myself and ask what country i was in!

Had to go in of course, turned out to be a machine!! Serving cappucino and latte, defo timmy's coffee though, and doughnuts galore!!

anyone else seen these kiosks around britain yet? I presume its a franchaise thing, ive kept my cup though as proof in case i was dreaming

Karen
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tim Hortons has arrived in Scotland

What? Timbo's in Scotland????

I'm just about to run out of Timbo's hot chocolate and it's over 3 weeks before I fly out to NS to replenish my stocks - the DT's will set in after about 3 days without my Timbo's.

Liffy B
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:49 am
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice

yup real thing,

no ice caps or hot chocolate though, its Spar stores that seem to have them.

K
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

There was a thread awhile ago that they had the same thing in Belfast. Did you notice if they did tim bits? My little boy would be very pleased.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:05 am
Dorfus wafflebutt

hi,

sorry no timbits, same big boxes for the normal doughnuts though,

girl didnt understand a double double! had to make it myself.

Ill be getting the real thing in 3 weeks anywho

Karen
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littletwinkle46
yup real thing,

no ice caps or hot chocolate though, its Spar stores that seem to have them.

K
If you google it theres a few here now
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

techwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by littletwinkle46
Apologies if this has already been posted ive not been on in a couple days.

Picture the scene, walking down Troon shops with my canadian aunt, gran and mum, in spar window i saw a sign for Tim hortons coffee!!!
I actually had to pinch myself and ask what country i was in!

Had to go in of course, turned out to be a machine!! Serving cappucino and latte, defo timmy's coffee though, and doughnuts galore!!

anyone else seen these kiosks around britain yet? I presume its a franchaise thing, ive kept my cup though as proof in case i was dreaming

Karen
Hi Karen,

Where in Troon did you find them ?

I work in the area, and would love to surprise my wife with some Tim Hortons donuts.

GW
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:34 pm
Dorfus wafflebutt

in the spar on the main shopping street, cant remember its name, same street as woolworths,

enjoy!!

Karen
Old May 12th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

There's a "Timmies" opening soon in Leeds - logo exactly the same design and colours as Tim Hortons, couldn't believe it when I walked past the window and it said "Timmies doughnuts and coffee - opening soon"!

Will be interested to go check it out and compare...
Old May 13th 2008, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

MandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really nice

It has hit Irvine too, in the Spar/Post Office. My daughter and I had to do a double take as we walked by.
We did ask, while I was paying for my coffee, if they would be having Timbits, muffins and cookies, she did say they had only just got the coffee machine put in, and she would find out for us?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

ukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really niceukleaf is just really nice

A copy of my post to another thread.
---
Guys, imagine my disappointment, there I am walking to work this morning when I walk past this place, it looks like Timmies, same font, very similar logo and they even sell some of the same stuff, although not my favourite, Sour Cream Glazed...

Anyway, I walk in and speak to the guy behind the counter, while buying a coffee (which isn't Timmies coffee) and ask him if it's the same company, the quick answer to this is that it has nothing to do with Tim Horton's and is infact a rip-off essentially, which was a HUGE let down.

A photo for your enjoyment.

If you can't see the photo the link to it is here (my Flickr account).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgb23/2604747247/

ukleaf.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:37 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from Ireland (Republic of, not Northern) and all the Spar's there have a Timmies section, complete with doughnuts!