threads forever

Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

snooze71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default threads forever

do any of you clever BE bods know if there is a way of saving threads. I read some really useful ones and then when try to find them again they've disappeared.....aargg...very frustrating
Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:06 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: threads forever

Originally Posted by snooze71
do any of you clever BE bods know if there is a way of saving threads. I read some really useful ones and then when try to find them again they've disappeared.....aargg...very frustrating
Have they actually disappeared or are you just having difficulty locating them?

I know that I sometimes want to refer to an older thread and can't find it.

If you know that you will want to go back to the the same thread sometime in the future you can always use the favourite or bookmark function in your web browser.

Cheers
Steve
Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

snooze71 is an unknown quantity at this point

no they haven't disappeared i don't think, i'm just being dense and can't find them again. Good idea about the bookmarking though - wish i'd thought of it earlier
Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by snooze71
Just a suggestion. Perhaps if you asked your question in the site feedback part of the forum either paul and/or sue could answer your question for you.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 12:39 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Easy way, which wont help you find the old ones, but will help from now on....Make an "expats" folder in your browser favourites and save threads there as you go. For MS Internet Explorer click on "Favorites", "Organise Favourites", "New Folder". Then when you add a thread to your favourites just save it to the new folder.

Slightly harder way is to use the "subscribe to threads" thing here in your options, and then the ones you are subscribed too will automatically send you an email when they are added to. If you disable the notification you can just go to "my profile" and click on "subscribed threads". If you left all the default setting you should be able to find any thread you contributed to that way, or else by using the advanced search feature to find posts with your replies in.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I think all old threads are still here, if you click page 1 you'll see the first posts in the Canada forum! (but don't go replying to them years afterwards, you won't be popular )

If you know who posted in them, it's sometimes easier to search a member's post history than it is to do a general archive search...

Is there a particular thread we can help you find?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Easy way, which wont help you find the old ones, but will help from now on....Make an "expats" folder in your browser favourites and save threads there as you go. For MS Internet Explorer click on "Favorites", "Organise Favourites", "New Folder". Then when you add a thread to your favourites just save it to the new folder.

Slightly harder way is to use the "subscribe to threads" thing here in your options, and then the ones you are subscribed too will automatically send you an email when they are added to. If you disable the notification you can just go to "my profile" and click on "subscribed threads". If you left all the default setting you should be able to find any thread you contributed to that way, or else by using the advanced search feature to find posts with your replies in.

I thought that the "subscribe to threads" was definitely the easiest way to follow a thread.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:28 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manghams
I thought that the "subscribe to threads" was definitely the easiest way to follow a thread.
Maybe it is, even if you dont want to post a reply you can just click the "subscribe to this thread" link at the bottom left of the page.