Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

think my hushands taking the p*ss

think my hushands taking the p*ss

Old Sep 7th 2006, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: think my hushands taking the p*ss

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Call his bluff and refer him to this:
http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=69158

Ahhhh - the good ol' "Willy Warmer" (girlie colour though; but then again, maybe it's good for camouflage )
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

creamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud of

She's lovely Morwenna, one of my friends has a border collie (poppy) she has a lovely nature (the dog not my friend, although she's very nice to) I have another friend who had 2 border collies but they have sadly passed on now, but she used to show them before she had her children.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

creamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud ofcreamcrackered has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dbd33
Thank you. He's what they call a doodle, half poodle, half golden retriever. We haven't tried boots but I do grease his feet if we're going to be walking in snow (and if I remember).
Where did you get him, I think i've fallen in love
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:08 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by creamcrackered
Where did you get him, I think i've fallen in love

They're quite common dogs in and around Toronto.

Ours came from here : http://www.fayralkennels.com/ and has turned out as promised, that is, even tempered, able to cope with cats horses and being sat on by children, non-shedding, hypoallergenic, but in need of daily brushing and weekly attention to the ears (hairy inside, need squirting with stuff to keep them clean).

He's a crazy swimmer; ocean, ponds, Lake Ontario, he's in them no matter how dirty. He also climbs everything, perhaps he's really poodle/golden/goat.
Attached Thumbnails think my hushands taking the p*ss-f1000021-616-x-920-.jpg   think my hushands taking the p*ss-114_1463.jpg   think my hushands taking the p*ss-f1000004-616-x-920-.jpg  
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

MrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really nice

You would only see that sort of thing on city dogs.
Mind you we used to put little fleece ear muffs on the calves ears on the farm and our dog did have a heated dog house!

MrsWillow
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Cathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so not posting this on the main forum, so here goes...... Paul came home last night saying one of his mates had lived in Canada and said that Dogs have to wear boots to protect there pads in the cold, now I expect I'm having a blonde moment even thinking for one moment that he's telling the truth but I don't want my cocker getting frost bite, so could someone let me know if I've gotta make OH life a misery for the next week or so for winding me up. many thanks
We have done this in the UK and in Canada. Reason being the salt isn't good for their pads. We've used pad wax also, and one of my friend has boots for her lab as he suffers from split pads a lot. If Toby's pads start hurting, then he lifts the leg - and he has 3 fully functioning legs - so boots are a good option for him. It's not fun watching him try to hobble home by keeping 2 or more paws off the ground.

It's an option. Depends on if your pup's going to be walking on salt or not.

(and they're not frilly boots that Toby has, they're leather sock like things that slip over his foot).

Wendy
Old Sep 7th 2006, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

They're quite common dogs in and around Toronto.

Ours came from here : http://www.fayralkennels.com/ and has turned out as promised, that is, even tempered, able to cope with cats horses and being sat on by children, non-shedding, hypoallergenic, but in need of daily brushing and weekly attention to the ears (hairy inside, need squirting with stuff to keep them clean).

He's a crazy swimmer; ocean, ponds, Lake Ontario, he's in them no matter how dirty. He also climbs everything, perhaps he's really poodle/golden/goat.
He sounds just like Alfie (our dog) temperament wise, when we bought him our kids were 3,4 & 7 and the lady who bred him promised her would be "bomb proof" considering what he's had to put up with over the years "all in play not the kids being cruel I hasten to add" he has been remarkably good natured dog, if I had one moan it would be having to hoover up the hairs every day. I'm not sure how he would take to another dog now as he's six, but...... I did a google and there is a breeder near where we are going to be living in Manitoba of doodles....so you never know
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

He sounds just like Alfie (our dog) temperament wise, when we bought him our kids were 3,4 & 7 and the lady who bred him promised her would be "bomb proof" considering what he's had to put up with over the years "all in play not the kids being cruel I hasten to add" he has been remarkably good natured dog, if I had one moan it would be having to hoover up the hairs every day. I'm not sure how he would take to another dog now as he's six, but...... I did a google and there is a breeder near where we are going to be living in Manitoba of doodles....so you never know

Good luck with it. Note that "doodles" may be Golden Doodles (half retriever) Labradoodles (half lab) Schnoozles (half Schnauzer) or whatever else a poodle can be persuaded to partner with.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 12:13 am
Assimilated Pauper

See "Dogs in Ontario" thread for a picture of a dog in boots.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

See "Dogs in Ontario" thread for a picture of a dog in boots.
Checked out the thread, looks like your dog is much admired, I wonder what a cocker spaniel and poodle would look like and would be called. The breeder in Manitoba had golden doodles and red. choch and black also another type that were bi-coloured, I'm not sure what the Poddle had been crossed with there, but it was sweet looking.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 6:22 am
Assimilated Pauper

Checked out the thread, looks like your dog is much admired, I wonder what a cocker spaniel and poodle would look like and would be called. The breeder in Manitoba had golden doodles and red. choch and black also another type that were bi-coloured, I'm not sure what the Poddle had been crossed with there, but it was sweet looking.
Doodles do usually get a very positive reaction. Be warned though, some owners of pure bred dogs strongly dislike the fashion for designer cross breeds and will sneer.

No combination remains untried: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/cockerpoo.htm
Old Sep 8th 2006, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I have purebred dogs and it doesn't matter to me what other people have. The only thing that astounds me is that people will pay more for what basically is a mongrel, than they sometimes will for a purebred (and by that I mean registered) dog. If you see an ad in the paper here that says "purebred" it always means the dog is not registered. There is some Act or other that says you cannot sell a dog as purebred unless it is registered, but nobody seems to take any notice!

I have shih-tzus and my grooming lady used to breed registered shih-tzus, in fact she had some of the top shih-tzus in Canada, but she quit breeding after she found that people were selling bichon/shih-tzus for the same price. And while it cost these people nothing to breed their two dogs - it had cost her money for stud fees, flying the female to be bred, etc. etc.

It just seems a shame to me that a regular old pooch that you used to be able to get for next to nothing - now costs upwards of $300 - probably more in other cities.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I agree also. I know a fair few crossbreeds and they are lovely, we've had a few of our own in the past. We now have 4 pedigree dogs who we work and show and after doing years of research into canine physiology etc, what bothers me the most about 'designer dogs' is the potential health issues, from breeding 2 different breeds, bred for different purposes, with different bone structures etc. So sad when you see as many as I do in rescue too.

On a lighter note .......

Dog Boots

We use similar ones for working our dogs in harness, as on hard ground their pads can get worn and crack. There are some really good ones though for winter (insulated) and look quite cool
Old Sep 8th 2006, 6:31 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizwil98
It just seems a shame to me that a regular old pooch that you used to be able to get for next to nothing - now costs upwards of $300 - probably more in other cities.
This ones $200. I think she may become our regular old pooch next week
Attached Thumbnails think my hushands taking the p*ss-september-2006-009.jpg   think my hushands taking the p*ss-september-2006-007.jpg  
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:32 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bananahammock
This ones $200. I think she may become our regular old pooch next week
That looks like a great dog - she's smiling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.