Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Things you expect to see in canada

Things you expect to see in canada

Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Beck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud of
Default Things you expect to see in canada

I travelled 4000 miles around Canada from East to West in a car and didn't see a single moose. (did see a cow that thought she was one!).

The other week I was visiting family in cheshire, went to a greasy spoon cafe and lo and behold they had 2 moose.

I also didn't see any mounties in canada. Visited the Minnesota state fair a week later and the place was crawling with them.

What is this about? The travel brochures lie!!!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:00 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things you expect to see in canada

Originally Posted by Beck77
I travelled 4000 miles around Canada from East to West in a car and didn't see a single moose. (did see a cow that thought she was one!).

The other week I was visiting family in cheshire, went to a greasy spoon cafe and lo and behold they had 2 moose.

I also didn't see any mounties in canada. Visited the Minnesota state fair a week later and the place was crawling with them.

All you have to do is drive at 150kmh and swerve a lot, you'd have seen plenty of mounties They are all hiding behind bushes waiting for unsuspecting motorists or stomping around the bush in snowshoes hunting elusive perps.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:02 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Or go to Montana's and you'll see moose hanging on the wall !
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Were they chocolate mousse?

You must have been down the wrong roads in Canada.

I think it's true to say that those of us who live here drive along roads that are lined with moose, beaver, elk, and bear. The roads are patrolled by mounted RCMP officers on shiny horses who salute you are you drive by. The officers, not the horses. The horses are trained not to salute in case it unseats the rider.

On the west coast you can ski all year round. Mounties sell the ski passes and if you ask them nicely will wax your skis for you.

In the east the leaves are red all year round, even in the winter when we have 6 feet of snow. RCMP officers will gladly get off their horses and shovel the snow in your driveway.

At weekends
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:10 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I think she means in the red uniform (which only comes out for special occassions !)

Edited to add I want to live in Fledermauses version of Canada - it sounds so purty
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:18 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

The first thing that springs to my mind is Trees, lots and lots of Trees.

Then Big trucks.

Oh and really bad roads with big holes in them, that's all the weathers fault though I guess.

Can't think of anything else right now.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:26 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

If you want to see a moose then you should be heading North
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:28 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
If you want to see a moose then you should be heading North
Whats wrong with the ladies in Manchester
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:29 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
Whats wrong with the ladies in Manchester
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:42 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a Mountie. Does that count? I doubt my red serge fits anymore though - they shrink apparently
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:03 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dboy
I'm a Mountie. Does that count? I doubt my red serge fits anymore though - they shrink apparently
You commute on a horse?
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:06 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dboy

but what about the uniform????
Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:38 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

to the bottom
Old Jul 29th 2009, 3:34 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
to the bottom
oops my bad
Old Jul 29th 2009, 3:51 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the "three word thread?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.