Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Things that don't go.

Things that don't go.

Old Mar 28th 2017, 6:21 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that don't go.

Originally Posted by BristolUK
The Butter Chicken? Yes.

It's not bad in the jars and there's even a half decent powder. I'm not sure what this one was, I just remember there were two components. Sauce mix and spice mix, I suppose.

It was way too hot. I managed a portion from the result but then I had to add something to the leftovers to take the edge off.
You don't know hot. I made a lentil, chickpea and spinach curry last night and added seven fresh Thai chilis with seeds plus two heaping teaspoons of Cayenne chilli powder. It definitely called for the lift-clean-and-place rule for some relief this morning.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 6:25 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
they dont know the meaning of hot and spicy in Canada are you sure you didnt dream this?

I suspect they do in Toronto.

I bought a sauce jar of Coconut Curry a few weeks ago. That was quite a hot one and it turns out the maker is a group of restaurants in Toronto who have a few sauces for retail.

Amaya Restaurants
Old Mar 28th 2017, 6:30 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
they dont know the meaning of hot and spicy in Canada are you sure you didnt dream this?
The Indian restaurants we visit don't have a problem producing hot curries, you've just got to ask for it and not stick to their standard mild/medium/hot scale.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 11:31 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

I suspect they do in Toronto.

I bought a sauce jar of Coconut Curry a few weeks ago. That was quite a hot one and it turns out the maker is a group of restaurants in Toronto who have a few sauces for retail.

Amaya Restaurants
Been there, done that, got the t shirt.