Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Is there a British butcher in Calgary?

Is there a British butcher in Calgary?

Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:51 pm
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of
Default Is there a British butcher in Calgary?

Hi folks

Daughter has major sausage withdrawal symptoms and the only ones I have seen in either Safeway or Sobey's don't look too appetising.

Heard that they maybe an English/Scottish butcher in Calgary. Does anyone know whereabouts. You would be a lifesaver if you do.

Thanks

The Ross Family
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:56 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a British butcher in Calgary?

Originally Posted by The Ross Family
Hi folks

Daughter has major sausage withdrawal symptoms and the only ones I have seen in either Safeway or Sobey's don't look too appetising.

Heard that they maybe an English/Scottish butcher in Calgary. Does anyone know whereabouts. You would be a lifesaver if you do.

Thanks

The Ross Family

Make your own mate, its so easy. Pork mince and a few herbs rolled into a sausage shape.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:01 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Spolumbos English Bangers from the meat counter in Safeway, Co-op or Superstore are pretty good, they also have some chicken apple ones that are good.

Bontons butcher is a good store in the NW just off 16th near the Foothills hospital. I've not shopped in there for sausage but would think it might be a good bet. Also the farmers market at Curry Barracks has plenty of meat options and thinking you might find good sausages there.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Yash1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

not meaning to hijack the thread but where in calgary does one acquire minced pork.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:26 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Hi folks

Thanks

The Ross Family
Costco pork sausages are to die for apparently. My kids love them, and they're a really good price too $13 for 40 reasonably thick ones.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:28 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Yash1983
not meaning to hijack the thread but where in calgary does one acquire minced pork.
Safeway $3 for 0.5kg and its very good I make meatballs with it
Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:32 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

You could try MacEwan's Meats 17-9620 Elbow Drive SW Telephone: 403-228-9999
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

calgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nice

Hi folks

Thanks

The Ross Family
Try Superstore's "British Bangers" - they are really good - my kids love them. They do tend to sell out quickly though so I stockpile them when I see them!

Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletashy
Costco pork sausages are to die for apparently. My kids love them, and they're a really good price too $13 for 40 reasonably thick ones.
I love the Costco ones....but only the pork sausages, NOT the big fat ones like the Italian hot...eww, full of gristle
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calgary2006
Try Superstore's "British Bangers" - they are really good - my kids love them. They do tend to sell out quickly though so I stockpile them when I see them!

I always shop in Superstore and I've never come across any "English-style" sausages Are they in the fresh or frozen section?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Old Country Sausage Shop stall at Calgary Farmers' Market sell good ones.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

calgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
I always shop in Superstore and I've never come across any "English-style" sausages Are they in the fresh or frozen section?
In the fresh section - really large packs of about 16 - it's hit and miss when you can get them though.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by calgary2006
In the fresh section - really large packs of about 16 - it's hit and miss when you can get them though.
Thanks, I'll make sure I look out for those next time I'm in
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:34 pm
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of

Thanks guys knew would come up with the goods.

Looks like a visit to Costco and MacEwan's Meats is on the cards this weekend.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yash1983
I get mine from amaranth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.