Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Thank You Manzoor Moghal.

Thank You Manzoor Moghal.

Old Jun 17th 2015, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank You Manzoor Moghal.

I just came across this article in another thread and believe it or not it was published in the Daily Mail.
Some will be asking who is Manzoor Moghal well he is the chairman of the Muslim Council. If you read the article you will hopefully be thanking him for speaking the truth and putting forward a well balanced argument.

Muslims MUST stop blaming others for young's radicalization​, writes Manzoor Moghal | Daily Mail Online

One of the best comments I have found which also is applicable to Canada

My reaction to the claim that the police should have prevented people going to Syria has always been "Do you really, really want to live in a country where the police a) know where you are going b) have the arbitrary power to prevent you travelling c) know what your beliefs and plans are? That country is not Britain and God willing never will be.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 1:10 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank You Manzoor Moghal.

A couple nights ago Jon Snow interviewed a film maker who has been making a documentary on radicalisation - why so many young British muslims are attracted by ISIS. Her considered opinion after two years research was that the muslim youth don't feel "accepted" into British society, and gain great comfort from the unconditional acceptance that ISIS provides. She was imploring that Britain must find a way to accept these vulnerable youth. It didn't seem to occur to her, that those that do end up feeling marginalised are victims of their own rejection of British/European culture.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 4:22 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
It didn't seem to occur to her, that those that do end up feeling marginalised are victims of their own rejection of British/European culture.
What exactly is "British/European culture", if it doesn't include sex, drugs, rock 'n' roll, alcohol and MMORPGs?
Old Jun 17th 2015, 4:37 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
What exactly is "British/European culture", if it doesn't include sex, drugs, rock 'n' roll, alcohol and MMORPGs?
Decent curry and proper donner kebabs.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 8:35 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

MMMMmmmmmm... proper doner kebab...
Old Jun 17th 2015, 8:42 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

I'm off to Harveys for a good cry.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 8:51 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
I'm off to Harveys for a good cry.
Look at this one. Stacked full of crisp veggies. The meat is probably all lamb. Nice, fresh and lightly grilled pita. Has a nice looking pepper on it. Probably so tasty that it doesn't need any sauces.

Perhaps some hot sauce, though.

Old Jun 18th 2015, 1:26 pm
Proudly Scarberian

OMG.

Yes its vital that the hot sauce is applied directly to the meat and before the salad is put on; after that a mere sprinkling of salt is all that's required for heaven.

Harvey's was quite good: their veggie burger with extra bacon is nearly as good as the Scotland Yard original. And the family deal suits the three of us just fine...
Old Jun 18th 2015, 1:52 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

That's not really OMG grade...maybe 7/10. A truly awesome 10/10 kebab is the shawarma in rolled wrap (not a burrito wrap but middle Eastern flat bread). Although after 6-7 pints, one can make allowances.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 2:00 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

That's not really OMG grade...maybe 7/10. A truly awesome 10/10 kebab is the shawarma in rolled wrap (not a burrito wrap but middle Eastern flat bread). Although after 6-7 pints, one can make allowances.
It's a yiros that I truly yearn for. From that place in Cambridge, that I might have mentioned on here before.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 3:13 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Nay nay and thrice nay! Absolutely has to be pocket bread for a donner; when wrapped up it's a schwarma which is nice but a different animal.

I eat the contents of the pita pocket with my fingers and depending on how hungry (read drunk) I am I may nibble a bit of the bread, eat it all, or ditch it all. When eating kebab sober (which is the default these days) I tend to ditch the bread which has often soaked up most of the grease, making it even more healthy.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 4:20 pm
me/moi

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
Nay nay and thrice nay! Absolutely has to be pocket bread for a donner; when wrapped up it's a schwarma which is nice but a different animal.

I eat the contents of the pita pocket with my fingers and depending on how hungry (read drunk) I am I may nibble a bit of the bread, eat it all, or ditch it all. When eating kebab sober (which is the default these days) I tend to ditch the bread which has often soaked up most of the grease, making it even more healthy.
That is reprehensible, well, at least it is outside of Scarborough! It's not even proper meat in those big processed doner slabs, mostly ground up unmentionables. If you're consuming sober, Iskander style is the way to go.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 4:30 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I had to make do with a box of chicken Mcnuggets last night.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 4:36 pm
me/moi

Originally Posted by Oink
I had to make do with a box of chicken Mcnuggets last night.
That is sad indeed.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 4:38 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

That is sad indeed.
Coupled with the fact that HID ate half of them when I went for a slash.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.