Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Texan judges..what the hell is wrong with them?

Texan judges..what the hell is wrong with them?

Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:29 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Texan judges..what the hell is wrong with them?

Police investigate Texas judge over video beating

Old Nov 3rd 2011, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Texan judges..what the hell is wrong with them?

I'm lost for words

They should tie this guy up to a post and get out the cat of nine tails.... and then lock him up.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 11:25 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisparr
I'm lost for words

They should tie this guy up to a post and get out the cat of nine tails.... and then lock him up.
Seen this on another part of BE, his wife also joins in, and even worse is that the child has some sort of ataxia.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:14 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

That made me feel ill.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I find it incredible that the commentators in the article suggest that he wasn't doing anything criminal!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to stop watching that pretty quickly.

Made me want to jump on a plane and stamp on his head

I thought that sort of punishment stopped 100 years ago.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:45 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

I had to turn it off, it made me feel physically sick.

Having spent many years working with special needs children this kind of thing is heartbreaking.

Lock them up and throw away the key...mind you it is Texas so I can think of far more fitting punishment for such monsters.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
I had to stop watching that pretty quickly.

Made me want to jump on a plane and stamp on his head

I thought that sort of punishment stopped 100 years ago.
My dad did similar things to me when I was a nipper.

I accept that it was wrong, but it all looks a little too contrived to me. The girls comments also seem bizarre (what she said about the video).
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 4:36 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
My dad did similar things to me when I was a nipper.

I accept that it was wrong, but it all looks a little too contrived to me. The girls comments also seem bizarre (what she said about the video).
Don't forget, the girl has cerebral ataxia.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Don't forget, the girl has cerebral ataxia.
OK. I fail to see how her inability to control her muscles is relevant to pre meditation. I accept I may be failing to understand the significance of her condition.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 7:22 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

OK. I fail to see how her inability to control her muscles is relevant to pre meditation. I accept I may be failing to understand the significance of her condition.
It's not relevant as it shouldn't matter who the victim is, or what conditions they have. If the video is real (is there any doubt?), then a beating like that is assault and should result in jail time.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:32 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
It's not relevant as it shouldn't matter who the victim is, or what conditions they have. If the video is real (is there any doubt?), then a beating like that is assault and should result in jail time.
I agree. I see no difference to a father beating his daughter in that way to a man beating a female stranger in that way. It's aggressive assault and way over line.

People who condone that shit are a bit weird.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Originally Posted by el_richo
I agree. I see no difference to a father beating his daughter in that way to a man beating a female stranger in that way. It's aggressive assault and way over line.

People who condone that shit are a bit weird.
Sorry if people thought I was condoning it, I thought I made it clear I wasn't.

I cannot believe what he did was not criminal. I don't know, but I suspect it would depend upon what is reasonable chatisement in Texas.

I made a comment that it seemed a little too pre medidated to me (the filming). That may be because this happened to the girl repeatedly and she wanted to catch them in the act. The comments attributed to her in the article seemed bizarre.

Someone then appeared to suggest that she would make such comments because of her condition. I then stated that I couldn't see how her condition had any relevance to her comments.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 11:00 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot believe what he did was not criminal. I don't know, but I suspect it would depend upon what is reasonable chatisement in Texas.
More to the point is the 5 year limit on prosecution for child abuse, the act was 7 years ago.

I made a comment that it seemed a little too pre medidated to me (the filming). That may be because this happened to the girl repeatedly and she wanted to catch them in the act.
She said that she knew something was up, and it was coming to a head (again), the camera was set up half an hour before the attack.

Mother and Father are now divorced. Daughter released the video because of continued harassment even as an adult living independently.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 11:13 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if people thought I was condoning it, I thought I made it clear I wasn't.
I thought I was agreeing with you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.