Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Tenuous Connections to Famous People

Tenuous Connections to Famous People

Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:44 am

fabretti18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tenuous Connections to Famous People

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Clare Grogan....i think i struck up a convo by mentioning the scar on her face looked bigger in real life than on the telly
Quality

an old mates house was in the background of the park-bench scene in Gregory's girl.....got no royalties though and he's since moved and I haven't seen him for 20 years ......is that tenuous enough?

Last edited by fabretti18; Mar 13th 2013 at 9:50 am.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 10:21 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I've been on TV several times, both talk shows and a filmed spoof programme. Wossy's brother was the interviewer on one.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 2:51 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You've aged well!
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:45 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I've met John Allison of the group 'The Allisons' who represented the UK in the Eurovision song contest many times, chatted with him, been for a drink with him. It's not his real name, and they weren't related in the group, just that their manager thought they should have the same surname so they appeared to be brothers.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 6:16 pm

My old postie was in the band Pilot.....virtual pint to whoever remembers them
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fabretti18
My old postie was in the band Pilot.....virtual pint to whoever remembers them
"You make me sad for your eyes, you're telling me lies'
Don't go, don't go!"
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant futureTarwild has a brilliant future

I lived just around the corner from Jamas Arthur this years X Factor winner!
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
"You make me sad for your eyes, you're telling me lies'
Don't go, don't go!"
Old Mar 14th 2013, 4:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I used to buy breakfast in the sandwich shop in the background of the closing scene of the film Bridgette Jones Diary, in the snow.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

shunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud of

When I was 14 I worked as a chamber maid in a hotel and I cleaned the rooms of the Liverpool FC players (found vomit wrapped in a sheet under one of their beds.....urgh) and also Lional Blair (who was in bed asleep on my first attempt, fortunately wearing PJ's).

The actor who player Ron Weasley in Harry Potter used to work in our local cinema.

My nanny's cousin's fiance went down with the Titanic.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:50 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RockiesFellow
I was once on the same London->Nice flight as Ronnie Corbett
I was on the same London to Nice flight with A-ha!
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I ate at Olive Garden at the same time as Rusty Wallace. Also Ruby Tuesday's with Larry McReynolds.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 14th 2013 at 9:33 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:41 pm

On my wedding night I slept in the same bed as Kylie Minogue.....though she wasn't in it at the time
Old Mar 15th 2013, 11:20 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fabretti18
On my wedding night I slept in the same bed as Kylie Minogue.....though she wasn't in it at the time
I stayed in the room where Sid stabbed Nancy. Neither were in it at the time.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by dbd33
I stayed in the room where Sid stabbed Nancy. Neither were in it at the time.

touché

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.