Telephone Companies

Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Mikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to all
Default Telephone Companies

Hi everyone

Can anyone offer names of other telephone/communication companies, we know of telus but that seems to be the only one we can find. We are now starting to source employment for Mike and his field is telephone communications - External Networks Supervisor is his job title.

Thanks
Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

keefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant future
Default Re: Telephone Companies

Originally Posted by Mikelesley
Hi everyone

Can anyone offer names of other telephone/communication companies, we know of telus but that seems to be the only one we can find. We are now starting to source employment for Mike and his field is telephone communications - External Networks Supervisor is his job title.

Thanks
Hi try Primus.ca. i am with primus uk (planet-talk.co.uk) pretty good for me so far.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Glassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone

Thanks
Hi Mikelesley,

May be worth looking at the Aliant and Alcatel websites as well.
What's field of Telecoms does Mike work in ? I to work in Telecoms in the UK and will be looking for similar work in Canada, so would be grateful if you could share any related information..

How far down the emigration line are you ?

Cheers

Glassy
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Mikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Glassy
Hi Mikelesley,

May be worth looking at the Aliant and Alcatel websites as well.
What's field of Telecoms does Mike work in ? I to work in Telecoms in the UK and will be looking for similar work in Canada, so would be grateful if you could share any related information..

How far down the emigration line are you ?

Cheers

Glassy
Hi Glassy

Mike works for the telephone company in Hull - what about you. We have sent our passports off for the visa so hopefully we should get them this week then it is a case of when we go - sell the house etc. How far down the line are you?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Glassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the rough

Hi Glassy

Mike works for the telephone company in Hull - what about you. We have sent our passports off for the visa so hopefully we should get them this week then it is a case of when we go - sell the house etc. How far down the line are you?
Kingston Communications then I assume ?
We're still at the AOR stage (we only applied back in March as Skilled Worker), so we've got years (literally) to wait

Has Mike made any contact will Telco's in Canada ?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Glassy
Kingston Communications then I assume ?
We're still at the AOR stage (we only applied back in March as Skilled Worker), so we've got years (literally) to wait

Has Mike made any contact will Telco's in Canada ?
Yep the one and only KC - we haven't made any contact with anyone just yet - I am now starting to get the list together so I can in the first instance mail shot everyone then followup individually via phone/letter/e-mail. Our AOR date was April 2005 so really it hasn't taken that long but you do loose heart half way through when everything is quiet and nothing is happening - but hang in there it is well worth it. Have you any idea where you want to be?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:10 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Yep the one and only KC - we haven't made any contact with anyone just yet - I am now starting to get the list together so I can in the first instance mail shot everyone then followup individually via phone/letter/e-mail. Our AOR date was April 2005 so really it hasn't taken that long but you do loose heart half way through when everything is quiet and nothing is happening - but hang in there it is well worth it. Have you any idea where you want to be?
you also have bell and rogers in certain areas

steve
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

We're happy plodding along at the moment, gives us time to start gathering the information we need. Ideally, we'd like to end up in either Calgary or somewhere in BC. But again we're flexible, ending up in Canada is the goal. We've got more reccie trips planned, so we'll have a better idea after that. I've read in previous threads that Ottawa is the Telco Capital of Canada....?!?!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 5:40 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

You could try Nortel - They are not a telephone company as such, but are big in telecoms.