Tea - Where's me PG?

Old May 1st 2009, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold
Default Tea - Where's me PG?

PG Tips teabags here are definitely NOT the same blend as PG in the UK - seems to be pure Orange Pekoe rather than a black blend.

So after some experimentation...and expense... I can report that the closest thing to the taste of UK PG Tips that I have found is Presidents Choice 'English Blend'...that's the house label of the Loblaws Supermarkets group.

Anyone else?
Old May 1st 2009, 7:11 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tea - Where's me PG?

Tetley is the best tea out here by far, I cannot tell the difference between the stuff here and the stuff from home and I'm a tea freak
Old May 1st 2009, 8:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
I cannot tell the difference between the stuff here and the stuff from home and I'm a tea freak
I don't even know what brand we have.
I'm pretty sure it's tea though.
Old May 1st 2009, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all

amazing, there is a world outside
Old May 1st 2009, 9:09 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScottDrummer
amazing, there is a world outside
Is there, bugger me I though the world was my office, desk and PC
Old May 2nd 2009, 2:55 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianR
PG Tips teabags here are definitely NOT the same blend as PG in the UK - seems to be pure Orange Pekoe rather than a black blend.

So after some experimentation...and expense... I can report that the closest thing to the taste of UK PG Tips that I have found is Presidents Choice 'English Blend'...that's the house label of the Loblaws Supermarkets group.

Anyone else?
You need to get out more.
Old May 2nd 2009, 3:02 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Orange Pekoe refers to the quality of the tea and not the blend.

Someone on here, but in another thread and I can't be faffed to look for it, said that Tetleys was the same tea both here and in the UK.

I wouldn't know as I can't stand the stuff, tea that is, it's evil, foul smelling brew.
Old May 2nd 2009, 5:47 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Orange Pekoe refers to the quality of the tea and not the blend.

Someone on here, but in another thread and I can't be faffed to look for it, said that Tetleys was the same tea both here and in the UK.

I wouldn't know as I can't stand the stuff, tea that is, it's evil, foul smelling brew.
Was just about to say that - if you email pg etc they will tell you the same!
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

We drank PG Tips in England, and drink it here. It's not identical, but it's significantly better than Tetley or Red Rose!
Old May 2nd 2009, 4:37 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
We drank PG Tips in England, and drink it here. It's not identical, but it's significantly better than Tetley or Red Rose!
prob the water that's making it taste a bit diff - takes AAaaaaaaaaaaaages to boil here as really soft!
Old May 2nd 2009, 5:40 pm

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
prob the water that's making it taste a bit diff - takes AAaaaaaaaaaaaages to boil here as really soft!
Any minute now the guys are going to get all scientific!
Old May 2nd 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

You're probably right. Milton has pretty soft lake water, our office has ridiculously hard water (KW), and it tastes differently between the two as well.
Old May 2nd 2009, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe its that canadian electricity you are using.

If you look up your local water supplier on the internet it will tell you all about how hard the water in your area is.
Old May 3rd 2009, 1:13 am
half a century

Originally Posted by fledermaus
maybe its that canadian electricity you are using.

If you look up your local water supplier on the internet it will tell you all about how hard the water in your area is.
hmm - well water def softer here - ages to get soap off hands etc. . .

bought kettle here . . takes lot longer than old one in UK did to boil . .am parched by the time its done!
Old May 3rd 2009, 1:13 am
half a century

Originally Posted by seaham gal
Any minute now the guys are going to get all scientific!
aye - must be the way I am turning it on !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.