Taping Things

Old Oct 23rd 2011, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Taping Things

Just speaking to my wife about a TV show and said I would tape it.

That's a strange term isn't it. Quite retro in fact. When was the last time you "taped' anything?

Our video recorder is in the loft, and I don't even own a cassette recorder. To be more accurate I 'hard disked' it on our PVR. Before we owned a PVR I would have 'DVDed' it.

I fondly remember making mixed tapes, either just for myself in the car, or as a soppy gift for someone special (ahhhhh ), but that no longer happens, and I don't know anyone who carries on the practice. I used to record the top 40 on radio 1 and edit it into my own compilations.

Does anyone out there still tape things?
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 9:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taping Things

Drywall.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 10:59 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

No I say that I am going to record something.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 11:44 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

I still say I'm going to tape something, meaning to record it, and get funny looks everytime.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 12:10 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

We say tape, as in record. And use the PVR.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLdLRPSj6sk

Old Oct 27th 2011, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

familyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nice

I still say 'tape' it but my hubby says record it and my kids say record it.

My 5 year old knows how to pause and rewind live TV, oh how times change, i remeber our betamax tape player and the remote was on a Wire you had to plug into the recorder to play anything!!
Old Oct 27th 2011, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

My 5 year old has learned that too.

What she doesn't understand is why you can't fast forward live TV when the adverts start
Old Oct 27th 2011, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

familyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrisparr
My 5 year old has learned that too.

What she doesn't understand is why you can't fast forward live TV when the adverts start
That annoys me too so i watch things either on catch up or recorded so i can fast forward adverts i HATE them!!
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:49 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

My ds has aspergers and he has fads, the current one is record players but previous was VCRs and we have three typewriters in the house, so in answer to the question, when did you last tape something, it was Tuesday and we copied it from the sky anytime onto a genuine retro cassette tape!
He is currently making his own paper record player out of cardboard a chop stick a needle and a funnel made of paper and tinfoil. (YouTube it if you, like me, had never heard of this) it works, but he has to listen to the records I had in the loft, mums Adam faith, dh's frankie gth and my micheal jackson

Pmsl!