Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Taking back Kids gifts to the UK, any ideas?

Taking back Kids gifts to the UK, any ideas?

Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold
Default Taking back Kids gifts to the UK, any ideas?

Hi
We're traveling back to the UK in June and it's our 1st visit back to see Friends & Family. Kids would like to take back some Canadian gifts/novelties for their friends. Has anyone got any ideas? Their age ranges from 2-10.
I thought maybe some sidewalk chalk as i've never seen it in the UK but other than certain types of candy, i can't think of anything else that's not going to be too heavy or large.
Any ideas, anyone?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:56 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking back Kids gifts to the UK, any ideas?

Originally Posted by joelsa
Hi
We're traveling back to the UK in June and it's our 1st visit back to see Friends & Family. Kids would like to take back some Canadian gifts/novelties for their friends. Has anyone got any ideas? Their age ranges from 2-10.
I thought maybe some sidewalk chalk as i've never seen it in the UK but other than certain types of candy, i can't think of anything else that's not going to be too heavy or large.
Any ideas, anyone?
Marmite.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Marmite.
Really! You can get that here?? And there was me reserving a suitcase full of it for our return journey.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

leepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to behold

How about some cowboy hats....You are in Alberta after all??...Little stuffed bear or moose for the tiny ones....
Have fun
L
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

leepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to behold

Ok...Hats might be slightly large - but you can always stack them inside each other.....Or wear them
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Any ideas, anyone?
The Dollar store has plenty in there to suit. My mum took back stuff from there and the kids were impressed. Cool they said.

I have just bought tickets for 12 people to go paintballing, I had some airmiles left, so they will be good for godson and brothers.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:30 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as you are travelling just before Canada Day the shops will be jam packed full of Canadian things. You could take back some sweets that are Canadian/American for some reason my sister and niece really like Reeses Yuks (I mean Cups). As for sidewalk Chalk I'm sure the early learning Centre sells something like that - or they did when my little one was little. Hope you find something truly Canadian for them!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Seeing as you are travelling just before Canada Day the shops will be jam packed full of Canadian things. You could take back some sweets that are Canadian/American for some reason my sister and niece really like Reeses Yuks (I mean Cups). As for sidewalk Chalk I'm sure the early learning Centre sells something like that - or they did when my little one was little. Hope you find something truly Canadian for them!
I know what you mean about reeces yuks, and yes chalk from ELC rings a bell too.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 1:57 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Any ideas, anyone?

Beanboozled Jelly Belly jelly beans.

http://jellybelly.com/Cultures/en-US...CS_Catalog=B2C
"BeanBoozled jelly beans come in 20 flavors, 10 weird and wild flavors matched up with 10 look-alike tasty flavors. Is the black jelly bean Licorice, or is it Skunk Spray? Perhaps the blue bean is Toothpaste flavor, or maybe it’s delicious Berry Blue. Think you can tell them apart? We dare you!
You might not know when you will be bamboozled by a weird flavor. A key on the back of each box gives clues to the surprises found inside, but the beans look so similar, every bite will be a surprising dare.

Jelly Belly BeanBoozled flavor pairings are:

Skunk Spray – Licorice
Rotten Egg - Buttered Popcorn
Ear Wax - Café Latte
Booger - Juicy Pear
Baby Wipes – Coconut
Pencil Shavings - Top Banana
Toothpaste - Berry Blue
Vomit – Peach
Moldy Cheese - Caramel Corn
Black Pepper - Plum"

What more could a kid want!?!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
What more could a kid want!?!
Sounds good to me. And you can buy those tins of "Moose Droppings" chocolates too in the those touristy, gift shops.

I took some Mountie Bears home with me after a recce - for the kids friend's as goodbye pressies - they went down really well. And you can always opt for the stunning Canadian flag pencils - ooh, the excitement

Actually, a silly pressie that did go down well was a blow up baseball bat and ball with the maple leaf logo - again, Dollar Store special - but they were great, especially for young boys to bash each other over the head with!

My 10-year old says "Webkinz" soft toys are a good one too, for what it's worth ($10-$15 each though).
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Those little hockey sticks that they use for playing "mini-sticks". They sell them at the Dollar Store with the names of the different ice hockey teams on.

Lisa
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Dream catchers? and other first nations stuff.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leepee
Ok...Hats might be slightly large - but you can always stack them inside each other.....Or wear them

I have a vision of OH at Calgary airport carrying suitcases galore and a dozen cowboy hats on his head, all going down in size!

Thanks for the replies (and the laughs) everyone, think i'll be hitting the Dollar Store & DD wants to take a Webkins back for her best friend.
Love the sound of the Jelly beans. Not for the kids though, OH can take them down the pub for his Beer & Curry night out with the lads.[/

Last edited by joelsa; Apr 12th 2008 at 4:04 am.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Any ideas, anyone?
Hi
My kids liked the Canada stickers...you can get them by the page load from the dollar store. They also liked Canada t shirts and hats/caps none of which takes up much room/weight
lol
Stef and Lins
Old Apr 12th 2008, 5:41 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

A gun rack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.