Tablet Wars

Old Oct 19th 2012, 12:58 am
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tablet Wars

Originally Posted by Monique_in_Canada
wot absolute crap.....just cos some people don't choose to belong to the iphone battering brigade...doesn't make iphone products less fun that wot they are.......I am sure there are people out there who purchase apple products cos they are cool....but soon see how amazing they are......for me I bought my first iphone in Sept 2007, there was nothing much else out there cept a few smart phones that u could surf on....and then the "iphone" it was one of its kind, nothing else like it was available when I was looking.....I hummed and harred for ages, and kept thinking its a lot of money just for a phone, but I figured I only live once and after weeks of thinking about it, I went for it, with in days I fell in love with it....with in 3 years I upgraded to the 4...and 2 years later (present day) I have the 5, I am happy to carrying on using apple products (but not computers) just devices because I like them, I am use to them, and I think many people think they same.....

Fair enough...appreciate the 5yrs of dedication, but you do realise that in the "present day", there are loads of smart phones out there now?

Here is another question for ya...be honest, do you hold it out so people can see it?

Oh, one woman's crap is another person's......
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:12 am
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

i have the original ipad and see no reason to change it..i will replace it when it stops working i guess.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Monique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ultrarunner

Here is another question for ya...be honest, do you hold it out so people can see it?
no.....when I got my 5....I did show it to friends who have 4's and smile at them......and I will be totally honest again and altho I love my new phone....cos who doesn't love new things....the 5 isn't much diff to the 4.....yes it does a few more cool things.....but apart from being a tad longer and a tad lighter it really isn't much diff, and really not worth the cost of upgrade.....it's panoramic photo taker is well cool.....and I like that when I take a picky with my phone...I get home and its on my ipad already!!!
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Monique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to behold

there are loads of smart phones out there now?

yes I do know.....my hubby has a crapberry and a samsung tablet.....i've played with his tablet, but I still prefer my ipad, its wot I know.....he prefers android....I prefer Apple...... there is a reason that they dominate the tablet market, I am sure if its just cos they are cool....after the initial wow it's cool to have an ipad it would dwindle.....but it hasn't!!!

Last edited by Monique_in_Canada; Oct 19th 2012 at 1:42 am.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:36 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

What adult actually cares what other people use for smartphones or tablets, they are devices of choice not religions or ways of life.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 2:00 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
What adult actually cares what other people use for smartphones or tablets, they are devices of choice not religions or ways of life.
I wonder what's up with adults who care what sort of telephone or computer they themselves use.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 2:15 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I wonder what's up with adults who care what sort of telephone or computer they themselves use.
Exactly my point. I couldn't give a ff, I just use devices which give the least amount of grief to me.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 2:19 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

iPenis.

Originally Posted by Tangram
Exactly my point. I couldn't give a ff, I just use devices which give the least amount of grief to me.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 7:25 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, liking gadgets is literally the same thing as being retarded.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 7:34 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
i have the original ipad and see no reason to change it..i will replace it when it stops working i guess.
For that to happen you could be waiting as long as 2008 fsw applicants have for PR

Typed on my Macbook Air... my iPad is having a rest

Mr. Jones.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 7:39 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Yeah, liking gadgets is literally the same thing as being retarded.
Well if so, I've just this morning set the OH's IQ back to her shoe size. I gave her a new iPad for her birthday and she's been quite nice since.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough...appreciate the 5yrs of dedication, but you do realise that in the "present day", there are loads of smart phones out there now?

Oh, one woman's crap is another person's......
Im not trying to argue the case for Apple and whatever, I dont need to, because the numbers speak. iPad is the most successful tablet out there hands down, nothing comes close to touching it.

Arguing that iPhone it is a popularity thing is no longer a valid argument, every person and their dog has one, look around when your out in a mall. How can it be something to show off when everyone your showing it off to has one as well.
I used to have an iPhone (3Gs, 4, then 4S) and moved to the Samsung Galaxy S3 4 months ago, I'm waiting for delivery of my iPhone 5, Yes the Samsung has tons more features than the iPhone, but realistically half of the them are useless and never used. The Samsung cant compare, for simplicity and ease of use. Also the Samsung is CRAP on battery life. Thats enough reason on its own to switch back.

You are also 100% right that there are other tablets/phones out there, and they all do ALOT more than the iPad/iPhone, they will continue to get users, yet the iPad still does better, in terms of numbers.

Agree to disagree. This argument will last forever, just like every other thread about it.

Request Mods close?
Old Oct 20th 2012, 1:13 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Im not trying to argue the case for Apple and whatever, I dont need to, because the numbers speak. iPad is the most successful tablet out there hands down, nothing comes close to touching it.

Arguing that iPhone it is a popularity thing is no longer a valid argument, every person and their dog has one, look around when your out in a mall. How can it be something to show off when everyone your showing it off to has one as well.
I used to have an iPhone (3Gs, 4, then 4S) and moved to the Samsung Galaxy S3 4 months ago, I'm waiting for delivery of my iPhone 5, Yes the Samsung has tons more features than the iPhone, but realistically half of the them are useless and never used. The Samsung cant compare, for simplicity and ease of use. Also the Samsung is CRAP on battery life. Thats enough reason on its own to switch back.

You are also 100% right that there are other tablets/phones out there, and they all do ALOT more than the iPad/iPhone, they will continue to get users, yet the iPad still does better, in terms of numbers.

Agree to disagree. This argument will last forever, just like every other thread about it.

Request Mods close?
I bet you're too young to have watched Startrek in real time.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 1:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
look around when your out in a mall. How can it be something to show off when everyone your showing it off to has one as well.
I think this is the post most alien to me since I've read this board. It's from, like, the Legally Blond world.

Firstly, I don't go into malls and have no clue why someone outside a 80s girly flick would want to do so, I'd appreciate an explanation of the purpose of so doing.

Secondly, the post implies that, if I saw someone talking on a telephone, I'd know what brand it was by looking. Surely I'd be mesmerised by the person's facial tattoes but, if not, they'd be jabbing at or shouting "hello, hello, can't hear you this is a cell" into piece of plastic just like everyone else's. Unless it came with a tee shirt how would you know that it was a Apple or an Orange or whatever?
Old Oct 20th 2012, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I bet you're too young to have watched Startrek in real time.
wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.