Stansted to Heathrow

Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Stansted to Heathrow

How much of a pain in the ass is it to get to heathrow from stansted. We are planning a trip to Scandinavia next spring, ending in Bergen, Norway. The flights from bergen-sweden-london (heathrow) are a little expensive. There is a direct flight (norwegian air) that flies directly from bergen to london (stansted), which is quite inexpensive. Jim and I would then have to get to heathrow to catch our flight home.

So.....any comments etc. would be greatly appreciated and worth good old fashioned karma.....!

Thanks folks.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:54 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stansted to Heathrow

Its a bit of a pain, opposite sides of london...train into london (Liverpool St.), about 45 mins, then the tube out to heathrow, about the same. Not insurmountable though, especially if you are saving a fair amount.

If you dont fancy the tube the train from Paddington to heathrow is faster.

There is also a National Express coach direct from Stanstead to Heathrow ...takes about 90 minutes. My uncle used to drive it sometimes I think. Frequency depends on what time of day though. Can be as often as every hour.

Usefull link

Last edited by iaink; Nov 7th 2007 at 9:02 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 9:06 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
How much of a pain in the ass is it to get to heathrow from stansted. We are planning a trip to Scandinavia next spring, ending in Bergen, Norway. The flights from bergen-sweden-london (heathrow) are a little expensive. There is a direct flight (norwegian air) that flies directly from bergen to london (stansted), which is quite inexpensive. Jim and I would then have to get to heathrow to catch our flight home.

So.....any comments etc. would be greatly appreciated and worth good old fashioned karma.....!

Thanks folks.
I've done this link a few times... it's not exactly convenient, but the best option IMHO is to use the coach shuttle - depending on time of day, journey time is approx an hour and a half, fare is about 20 quid one way, I think.

Otherwise by public transport it's a train into Liverpool St, and either across to Paddington and the Heathrow Express, or all the way out on the Piccadilly line... eeugh. Plus, your Tube options are the Circle line from Liverpool St to South Ken and change, or the Central line to Holborn and change, neither of which is an attractive proposition, especially if it's rush hour and you've got baggage,

Or you can book a cab, but that'll likely set you back the wrong side of 100 notes.

HTH.

[just seen Iain's post... what he said!]
Old Nov 8th 2007, 1:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you both so much, youve been very informative!

Karma sent!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:52 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willmore
Thank you both so much, youve been very informative!

Karma sent!
What Iain said. I habitually use National Express to go from Brighton to LHR. It's the quickest, cheapest and most stress-free option.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 12:09 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
What Iain said. I habitually use National Express to go from Brighton to LHR. It's the quickest, cheapest and most stress-free option.
Take the national express when your lifes in a mess
Itll make you smile
All human life is here
From the feeble old dear to the screaming child
From the student who knows that to have one of those
Would be suicide
To the family man
Manhandling the pram with paternal pride
And everybody sings ba ba ba da...
Were going where the air is free
On the national express theres a jolly hostess
Selling crisps and tea
Shell provide you with drinks and theatrical winks
For a sky-high fee
Mini-skirts were in style when she danced down the aisle
Back in 63 (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
But its hard to get by when your arse is the size
Of a small country
And everybody sings ba ba ba da...
Were going where the air is free
Tomorrow belongs to me
When youre sad and feeling blue
With nothing better to do
Dont just sit there feeling stressed
Take a trip on the national express
Old Nov 8th 2007, 1:08 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I saw them in Leeds....a long long time ago Right good they were too.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for your help everyone!

Karma sent!