The Spooky Thread

Old Nov 4th 2016, 1:39 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Spooky Thread

Three years ago we had a haunting thread. Time for a spooky one.

A couple of days ago I woke my stepdaughter for work and then came downstairs. I'm usually first up anyway.

While in the kitchen I heard what I took to be the sound of a 2l pepsi bottle either falling over or falling off something. It came from the living room where my stepson will often just leave one on the floor or shelf near a heating vent. The cat heard it too.

I thought that as I had just turned on the heating some warm air movement may have caused it. But I couldn't see one anywhere.

It turned out to be a plastic soap dispenser, almost empty, falling off the downstairs bathroom sink. Not sure why that should fall.

Later that morning my mother in law and stepson were in the kitchen getting ready to go out. We heard something else fall in the living room. It was some folders, a document carrying case and large envelopes on a bookcase. No reason for that to fall, it usually takes the cat reaching up with a paw to bring it down. But the cat wasn't there.

This is all my fault for having watched The Conjuring 2 a few days earlier.

Anyway, that night at dinner, I recounted this to my stepdaughter and she said "I thought it was just me."

Apparently she reckons she often hears the beeping sound of her mum's glucometer round about supper time.

Now maybe this is the mind playing tricks. My wife did have her meter set to beep when she was due to test before supper and I remember it beeping previously. Perhaps it had been moved and come into operation - just as our TV would mysteriously come on in the middle of the night a few years ago because a turn on time had been set and somehow activated.

But the last meter she was using before she died did not have this as a feature. We have checked and double checked. The one that did, we found, and it has no batteries in.

So is my wife trying to make contact from the other side?

Tell your spooky tales.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 3:15 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Spooky Thread

Me and a mate was in his sports car, off our tits on more than one illegal narcotic (although not hallucinogenics) speeding through the Kent countryside in the early hours and we came around a corner we saw a crocodile wandering across the road. Both of us saw the same thing.

Last edited by Oink; Nov 4th 2016 at 3:57 am.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 5:01 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Me and a mate was in his sports car, off our tits on more than one illegal narcotic (although not hallucinogenics) speeding through the Kent countryside in the early hours and we came around a corner we saw a crocodile wandering across the road. Both of us saw the same thing.
Think about it logically..
You're going gazillions of mph and the croc, well he's standing still in comparison and you missed him!
So.. either he wasn't there or those narcotics weren't what you thought they were... hope they weren't expensive.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 5:30 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
Think about it logically..
You're going gazillions of mph and the croc, well he's standing still in comparison and you missed him!
So.. either he wasn't there or those narcotics weren't what you thought they were... hope they weren't expensive.
We stopped the car and watched as the crocodile wandered slowly across the road. We waited about five minutes to make sure it had crossed and then made our way. It was a crocodile. Spooky!
Old Nov 4th 2016, 5:34 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Not so bonkers as one might think...

Man shares his bungalow with crocodile called Caesar - BBC News
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:18 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Three years ago we had a haunting thread. Time for a spooky one.

A couple of days ago I woke my stepdaughter for work and then came downstairs. I'm usually first up anyway.

While in the kitchen I heard what I took to be the sound of a 2l pepsi bottle either falling over or falling off something. It came from the living room where my stepson will often just leave one on the floor or shelf near a heating vent. The cat heard it too.

I thought that as I had just turned on the heating some warm air movement may have caused it. But I couldn't see one anywhere.

It turned out to be a plastic soap dispenser, almost empty, falling off the downstairs bathroom sink. Not sure why that should fall.

Later that morning my mother in law and stepson were in the kitchen getting ready to go out. We heard something else fall in the living room. It was some folders, a document carrying case and large envelopes on a bookcase. No reason for that to fall, it usually takes the cat reaching up with a paw to bring it down. But the cat wasn't there.

This is all my fault for having watched The Conjuring 2 a few days earlier.

Anyway, that night at dinner, I recounted this to my stepdaughter and she said "I thought it was just me."

Apparently she reckons she often hears the beeping sound of her mum's glucometer round about supper time.

Now maybe this is the mind playing tricks. My wife did have her meter set to beep when she was due to test before supper and I remember it beeping previously. Perhaps it had been moved and come into operation - just as our TV would mysteriously come on in the middle of the night a few years ago because a turn on time had been set and somehow activated.

But the last meter she was using before she died did not have this as a feature. We have checked and double checked. The one that did, we found, and it has no batteries in.

So is my wife trying to make contact from the other side?

Tell your spooky tales.
I was about to recount a couple of incidences but then realised I put them in that old thread, lol. It was funny reading it again!

Don't discount those strange happenings! If you believe in such things, it could be your wife just letting you know she is still watching over you, with love.

A few years ago my step-daughter was leaving after coming over for dinner. At the time we lived on the upper floor of a duplex with a huge balcony with stairs leading down to the ground. Her Dad was just about to lean over the railing to tell her she had forgotten something when he felt a really hard slap on his arm - so hard, it made his sleeve fall down. He put his hand out - on the railing - and the whole thing moved, the bolts lifted out completely. Had he lent on it, it would have collapsed and he would have fallen head first. He was so shaken when he realised it wasn't me - and there was nobody else there.

Strange but true.

Nothing major has happened of late, apart from getting poked on the backside by something a couple of weeks ago (nobody else in the room).. cheeky blighter! Oh - and a blue latex glove appearing on a table in the lounge, with all the fingers pulled in except for the middle one! Nobody else had been here..

Today, the dog couldn't find her ball. I searched the room from end to end and checked every couch and under every piece of furniture - we looked everywhere - no ball (it's bright orange, not easily missed!). She sat next to me on the couch, looking very dejected and went to sleep. About 20 minutes later I got up to put the kettle on - and her ball was placed very carefully in the middle of her blanket on the floor at the end of the couch. it wasn't there before.

Spooky...

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 4th 2016 at 8:25 am.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 1:04 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

It was a crocodile. Spooky!
Did you smile at it?

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Don't discount those strange happenings! If you believe in such things, it could be your wife just letting you know she is still watching over you, with love.
And then there are those times the phone rings at a particular moment and there's nobody there...and you do wonder.

Makes me think of the movie Ghost and Sam trying to make things move.

A few years ago my step-daughter was...
Apart from that being a good warning story, that made me think of something completely unrelated.

Do you remember when every stepmother was wicked and stepfathers were all serial killers? Now everybody is or has a step something or other.
Nothing major has happened of late, apart from getting poked on the backside...a blue latex glove appearing on a table in the lounge, with all the fingers pulled in except for the middle one!
I can't help wondering if there's a connection there.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 1:29 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Hasn't happened for a few months now but every now and again, I'll get woken up in the early hours to loud banging/stuff moving around in the guest room next door. First few times it's happened I thought someone was breaking into the house, and ran in to find... nothing & nothing being moved (and there is nothing in there to cause the banging like pipes.etc). Last time it happened I just put a pillow over my ears and tried to ignore it.

I've also heard (at around the same time - but different nights), what sounds like 2 people having a muffled conversation (can't make out the words) on the landing. The conversation ends before I can open the bedroom door, nothing on the landing.

Eventually I told my OH who was totally poker faced and was like 'Yeah, that stuff happens here'.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 2:47 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
...I thought someone was breaking into the house, and ran in....
Old Nov 4th 2016, 3:18 pm

If you were a dead spirit trying to make contact with the living don't you think you'd make a bit more of a statement than moving a ketchup bottle a bit or opening a window?
Old Nov 4th 2016, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

If you were a dead spirit trying to make contact with the living don't you think you'd make a bit more of a statement than moving a ketchup bottle a bit or opening a window?
When I come back to haunt the kids I'm going to leave the little cut off corners of the milk bag everywhere, just like they do. I'm actually quite looking forward to it. I will probably also leave the scissors out. And cupboard doors open. I may have to make a list in fact, in case my memory goes when I croak.

Last edited by Teaandtoday5; Nov 4th 2016 at 3:36 pm. Reason: F ffs
Old Nov 4th 2016, 3:51 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
When I come back to haunt the kids I'm going to leave the little cut off corners of the milk bag everywhere, just like they do....
And leave the cheese slice wrappers on the counter?

And put the wrong things in the wrong bins
Old Nov 4th 2016, 9:28 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

I'd put the ketchup in the bin to show I care.

And leave the triangles of the milk on the counter just like bristol said.

Old Nov 5th 2016, 12:37 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

My husband has spooky feelings occasionally. He had worked in the Sahara for over 20 years, but saw a 'weekend in the Sand Dunes' trip advertised and rearranged a lot of work to go on it, he told everyone 'I have to go on that trip, I'm going to meet someone special'...yes, I sat next to him on the bus...and the rest is history!

Then he was working in Amsterdam and I drove up with the dog to stay for a week and he wouldn't let me drive back, I had to get trains and cabs but he was quite insistent that I shouldn't drive. It doesn't happen often, but when it does I listen.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 1:27 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by MillieF
Then he was working in Amsterdam and I drove up with the dog to stay for a week and he wouldn't let me drive back, I had to get trains and cabs but he was quite insistent that I shouldn't drive. It doesn't happen often, but when it does I listen.
Am I the only one waiting to hear about the multiple pile up avoided by being on the train?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.