Speeding Fine

Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:13 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Speeding Fine

Well, I finally got caught speeding, inevitable in my line of work, but avoidable if careful enough. I was not being careful last November for a few seconds, and was trapped doing 89 in a 60. May I add, no houses and no sidewalk, no other vehicles other than an oncoming cop car. Damit !!!!

My punishment, $95 fine and 3 demerit points. Owch !

So

I filled in the part of the form that said something like "early settlement, discuss this ticket"

My court date was yesterday. Me and 20+ hopeful bad ass criminals.

1 minute with the clerk in a side office and I had reduced my fine to $45 and no demerit points. Woop Woop.

You gotta love Canada....ehh !
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:25 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding Fine

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Well, I finally got caught speeding, inevitable in my line of work, but avoidable if careful enough. I was not being careful last November for a few seconds, and was trapped doing 89 in a 60. May I add, no houses and no sidewalk, no other vehicles other than an oncoming cop car. Damit !!!!

My punishment, $95 fine and 3 demerit points. Owch !

So

I filled in the part of the form that said something like "early settlement, discuss this ticket"

My court date was yesterday. Me and 20+ hopeful bad ass criminals.

1 minute with the clerk in a side office and I had reduced my fine to $45 and no demerit points. Woop Woop.

You gotta love Canada....ehh !
Why was it reduced ?
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:29 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

I got caught for the first time ever a couple of years ago. Was doing 80 in a 50 school zone - $300.00!
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:31 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Why was it reduced ?
No reason, just was. I said nothing. The nice lady said would you like me to reduce it to 15 over, no points $45 fine. Or take it into court.?

I had to think for about .000009 sec then said "OK"
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Most Provinces have this where you can plead guilty but arrange to attend the court with your story. Some will reduce the fine and not impose any penalty points. My last ticket I tried it this way the JP although listened to my tale of woe did not reduce the fine or waive the penalty points.
There appears to be no logic in how they make their decisions. Some you win some you lose.
I guess they dont want the courts cluttered up with not guilty pleas and the Police Forces not having to send the officer to court to give evidence.
The odd copper has told me to plead not guilty as it is highly unlikely the cop issuing the ticket will show up so then ticket is thrown out.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
The odd copper has told me to plead not guilty as it is highly unlikely the cop issuing the ticket will show up so then ticket is thrown out.
Not here. The way it works in Ontario is that the cop might reduce the speed at the scene, in that case the ticket is so marked. If it's not reduced then the prosecutor can make a deal such as happened with the OP (the judge can overrule it if so inclined). Those are the good options. It's now very rare to get off because the cop didn't turn up.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
Not here. The way it works in Ontario is that the cop might reduce the speed at the scene, in that case the ticket is so marked. If it's not reduced then the prosecutor can make a deal such as happened with the OP (the judge can overrule it if so inclined). Those are the good options. It's now very rare to get off because the cop didn't turn up.
There was a couple of cops sat about waiting to go into court.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:54 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
I got caught for the first time ever a couple of years ago. Was doing 80 in a 50 school zone - $300.00!
If you were speeding through a school zone, it should have been way more than that!
http://novascotia.ca/tran/roadsafety...esafetyq&a.asp
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Aviator
If you were speeding through a school zone, it should have been way more than that!
Plus four points I think?
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

What happens if one keeps to the speed limits?
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Was you a school hall monitor?
Old Jan 9th 2013, 4:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Was you a school hall monitor?

I have a vague recollection of being a milk monitor.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 4:18 pm

I have a vague recollection of being a milk monitor.
Lol

To answer your question about staying within the Ontario speed limits.

You would probably piss off 99% of the population of drivers in Ontario.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 4:33 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

You'd get rear endied (even in Moncton)
Old Jan 9th 2013, 4:58 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
http://novascotia.ca/tran/roadsafety...esafetyq&a.asp
It was a couple of years ago before the 30 limit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.