Spare a thought.

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light
Default Spare a thought.

I had to get up this morning and get my 12 year old son ready for school when i went in his room he was heartbroken and told me he didnt want to go to school .He thinks the kids are all going to pick on him i tried to reassure him the best i could it was worse when i walked him over to the school bus stop just across the road from the house and they were kids waiting too and the bus was packed solid he was scared to death...needless to say i came in and cried buckets too i hope hes ok roll on hometime!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Spare a thought.

Hi Julie,
I'll keep my fingers crossed that he comes home having made lots of friends and that all of the worry and heartache becomes a distant memory very quickly..
Kids seem to make friends a lot quicker than adults so I'm sure he will do fine..
Fingers crossed
Cheers
Tim
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julie_p
I had to get up this morning and get my 12 year old son ready for school when i went in his room he was heartbroken and told me he didnt want to go to school .He thinks the kids are all going to pick on him i tried to reassure him the best i could it was worse when i walked him over to the school bus stop just across the road from the house and they were kids waiting too and the bus was packed solid he was scared to death...needless to say i came in and cried buckets too i hope hes ok roll on hometime!
Oh Julie.. my thoughts are definately with you today.. I have been there and it is a killer.. is this your son's first day at this school?

My son literally begged me not to send him to school (he's 12 also).. He was sobbing.. I swear to god if someone had stabbed me in the heart it would have hurt less However, it really didn't take long (a matter of days) and he was absolutely fine. Kids are so resilient.. you need to keep yourself busy today.. try your best not to think about him.. although i know how hard that is..

Sending you ((hugs))
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all

Hi Julie

My heart goes out to you.
As much as we want to we can't fight all their battles.
We haven't even got to Canada yet and I get a knot in my stomach thinking of my kids at a new school.
I hope he has had a good day and you can wave him off tomorrow with a smile and a lightness of heart.
Best wishes
Deeny
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sambapink
Oh Julie.. my thoughts are definately with you today.. I have been there and it is a killer.. is this your son's first day at this school?

My son literally begged me not to send him to school (he's 12 also).. He was sobbing.. I swear to god if someone had stabbed me in the heart it would have hurt less However, it really didn't take long (a matter of days) and he was absolutely fine. Kids are so resilient.. you need to keep yourself busy today.. try your best not to think about him.. although i know how hard that is..

Sending you ((hugs))
Thank you it is the worst thing ever and yes it is his first day at this school we have only been in Calgary a week , he also begged me not to send him i felt the nastiest mum alive for sending him.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you it is the worst thing ever and yes it is his first day at this school we have only been in Calgary a week , he also begged me not to send him i felt the nastiest mum alive for sending him.
No, your not a nasty mother!!.. you HAVE to send him.. i promise it will get easier, and you'll be so proud of him and yourself for the hurdle you have got through. As mum's we do carry so much guilt for this whole process (moving etc) but I keep faith that in the end this is a fantastic life experiance for my kids, and it will make them all the stronger for it.. xoxo
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:58 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Well I know I have no children of school age, but he kids of friends I've made here seem to be as friendly as their parents. I'm sure all will work out for him.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

He'll be fine. The girls will love his accent, the boys will be glad that they have someone in their school that is good at soccer......
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:01 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I can think of nothing scarier (at any age!!) than having to get on a loaded school bus with a whole bunch of kids I don't know from Adam! Poor things.

For people who have yet to go through this, might it be possible to take them in, the first day, and hand them over to a responsible adult, or a designated classmate so you know they're being looked after. Then maybe they can come home on the bus with their new classmates, once they have actually met a few of them?
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

jugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nice

Oh Julie ... I feel for you. I am sure he will be fine when he comes home but its horrible I know. My youngest was like that when he moved up to secondary school here in the UK. You just feel so horrible putting them through it but you know it has to be done. He will make friends in no time I'm sure then you'll wonder what all the tears were about!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Gales2Canada is a jewel in the roughGales2Canada is a jewel in the roughGales2Canada is a jewel in the roughGales2Canada is a jewel in the rough

We were in the same boat 1 year ago with 9 & 11 yr old girls.

They had a great 1st day, I hope your son has too.

The advantage they have is that the Canadian system is about a year behind the UK so they have a while to concentrate on making friends etc without having to worry about the acedemic stuff.

Hopefully he will be home soon - if not already - big hugs to him & to you from all of us 'moms' !!!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 8:10 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

It's a nerve-racking time for your son but I am sure he will be just fine. Hopefully the school will make sure he has a 'school buddy' to help him out in the first few days. Before you know it, he will have made some friends.

Our boys were 12 and almost 16 when we moved and they got on great. Everyone was very friendly - I am sure their accents had a lot to do with it.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:43 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Julie,

I hope your son had a good day, I can understand where you are coming from, please post an update as to how he got on
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I can think of nothing scarier (at any age!!) than having to get on a loaded school bus with a whole bunch of kids I don't know from Adam! Poor things.

For people who have yet to go through this, might it be possible to take them in, the first day, and hand them over to a responsible adult, or a designated classmate so you know they're being looked after. Then maybe they can come home on the bus with their new classmates, once they have actually met a few of them?
I didn't have a choice over taking him of course i would have loved to but my husband had his first day at work too so i was without transport. I rang the school also to tell them how upset he was so they were prepared.

Reece was fine he hasn't made a 'special' freind yet but at least kids did talk to him.It tugged a bit though when he said he had to follow the kids around that he did know at dinner time so he wasn't on his own. I am sure tomorrow will be fine and he won't be as bad on the bus, i'm proud of him.

Last edited by Julie_p; Nov 3rd 2008 at 11:33 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't have a choice over taking him of course i would have loved to but my husband had his first day at work too so i was without transport. I rang the school also to tell them how upset he was so they were prepared.

Reece was fine he hasn't made a 'special' freind yet but at least kids did talk to him.It tugged a bit though when he said he had to follow the kids around that he did know at dinner time so he wasn't on his own. I am sure tomorrow will be fine and he won't be as bad on the bus, i'm proud of him.
What a brave lad and yep, we bet you're proud.

Eamonn & Janet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.