Something English?

Old Jul 14th 2010, 5:25 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Something English?

OOh - if Prince William and Kate Middleton have formally announced their engagement by the time you get there, there should be some spectaular tat you can buy!
Old Jul 14th 2010, 9:39 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

If your going to Lincoln, pop into the cathedral and get her a miniture Lincoln Imp.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 2:25 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

A copy of The Sun newspaper, bottle of Pimms and some Toffee.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

reeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud of

- Germolene....nothing beats it and it cannot be found in Canada last I checked, but go for the cream it is nicer to use.
gosh i can't think of much can i... Have fun while u are over there!! :-)
Old Jul 14th 2010, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

How about some Garibaldi's or Fly buscuits ?
Attached Thumbnails Something English?-biscuits.jpg  
Old Jul 14th 2010, 3:14 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=AmyDavid;8700675]If your going to Lincoln, pop into the cathedral and get her a miniture Lincoln Imp.[/QUOTE

Yes, like the one I have. Well actually it's a door knocker.
They also sell very nice frameable copies of their prized possession, The Magna Carta. What could be more English than that ?
There are only two remaining copies of the First Edition and one is in Lincoln when it's not in the US on fund raising tours for the ongoing restoration of the cathedral.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 3:18 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=Simon Legree;8701280]
Originally Posted by AmyDavid
They also sell very nice frameable copies of their prized possession, The Magna Carta. What could be more English than that ?
There are only two remaining copies of the First Edition and one is in Lincoln when it's not in the US on fund raising tours for the ongoing restoration of the cathedral.
The Magna Carta was in Canada last week.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/st...-manitoba.html

P.S. Did you pick a camera yet?
Old Jul 14th 2010, 3:50 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I may have to visit the cathederal, last time I visited it it was covered in tarp and scaffold (6 years ago now), so it would be interesting to see how far they have got with it. As I mentioned I'm not going for the attractions of the country, just to see my Mummy really.

Steve, were you asking me about the camera? If so, Yep, I got a new one, not too impressed with it, not too easy to use. Even signed up for a beginners course at the college last year - just a 2 night, learn digital photography for beginners - load of crap really, it certainly wasn't a beginner course either, the first night was beyond me I suppose that's what you get when it's a stand in teacher that's never taught before though I bought a Fuji Finepix S1500 as I didn't wnt to spend too much money and wanted a good zoom - which it has, it's just a bit hard to remember where to go for settings all the time, mind you I haven't played to much with it either, the fun zapper has been and zapped my fun zone away
Old Jul 14th 2010, 4:01 pm
887 lb pumpkin

flipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I may have to visit the cathederal, last time I visited it it was covered in tarp and scaffold (6 years ago now), so it would be interesting to see how far they have got with it. As I mentioned I'm not going for the attractions of the country, just to see my Mummy really.

:
I was thinking a Toby Jug would be typicaly English, but you will know your friend better than me!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

I would go for the cup and saucer idea, with some lovely tea and some shortbread. Go to Whittards - they have lovely gift sets you can buy.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 3:27 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff

Steve, were you asking me about the camera? If so, Yep, I got a new one, not too impressed with it, not too easy to use. Even signed up for a beginners course at the college last year - just a 2 night, learn digital photography for beginners - load of crap really, it certainly wasn't a beginner course either, the first night was beyond me I suppose that's what you get when it's a stand in teacher that's never taught before though I bought a Fuji Finepix S1500 as I didn't wnt to spend too much money and wanted a good zoom - which it has, it's just a bit hard to remember where to go for settings all the time, mind you I haven't played to much with it either, the fun zapper has been and zapped my fun zone away
I've gone off zooms. I like wide angle mostly, and for narrow angle (zoomed in) I prefer fixed lens where if you want to zoom in you do it by walking.

I like this guy; it's long, but he explains things well:-

http://photonotes.org/articles/beginner-faq/

(it's canon SLR orientated, but the concepts are the same for all cameras)

Though the first thing to do if you've got a fancy camera is to set it so you vary the shutter speed and let the camera work out the rest. Fiddle with it and see what results you get. Then move on to varying the aperture, exposure etc. The nice thing about digital is that it makes this easy as you get instant feedback - pretty much everyone can take technically good photos after a little practice; the skill is then in the composition.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 3:33 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reeni
- Germolene....nothing beats it and it cannot be found in Canada last I checked, but go for the cream it is nicer to use.
gosh i can't think of much can i... Have fun while u are over there!! :-)
YOu can get it in the Brit shop - Sherlocks , in New west!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you still buy Wedgwood and Royal Worcester things or did they all close down?? Hornsea pottery?? Some china ornament?
Old Jul 15th 2010, 4:12 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Can you still buy Wedgwood and Royal Worcester things or did they all close down?? Hornsea pottery?? Some china ornament?
Not sure about Wedgewood or Royal Worcester but you can buy Hornsea in The Bay here in Calgary. Bloody expensive it is.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

reeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
YOu can get it in the Brit shop - Sherlocks , in New west!
It's not on their website....damn must only be available in the actual shop. too bad it is such a long drive from toronto.

When i called smithkline and ask ...they said that the canadian FDA have forbidden them to release it in canada. Something about it matched a prescription drug here and cannot be sold over the counter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.