Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

So what would the Canadians truly love to tell UK immigrants if they could?

So what would the Canadians truly love to tell UK immigrants if they could?

Old May 21st 2010, 2:03 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So what would the Canadians truly love to tell UK immigrants if they could?

no hard feelings eh?
Old May 21st 2010, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Mistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So what would the Canadians truly love to tell UK immigrants if they could?

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
Nobody cares about they way you did things in your previous country of residence.

Nobody cares if you happen to like or dislike certain products that are sold in local stores. Just buy something else and move on with life.

Nobody likes someone that whines and complains all the time, it reflects negatively on your personality and most people I know would rather not spend anymore time than necessary with someone who finds fault in everything.

Nobody likes to be told what is wrong with them all the time, it comes across as arrogant and most of the time it is just bitching about some mundane thing that no one really cares about anyway.

Stop over rating yourselves, it makes you look foolish.

Take a little time each morning to stretch your arms properly so that you don't pull a muscle while patting yourselves on the back.

The other Europeans who learn English as a second language (Swedes, Dutch, Germans, etc) are easier to understand than most of you.

You deciding to immigrate to Canada does not constitute some type of "meeting in the middle" between the people of the UK and those of Canada. We didn't volunteer, you are living in Canada.

Lose the sense of entitlement.

Come to terms with the fact that Canada is not the UK and has no desire to be.
Quite possibly this would in fact be an answer.
Old May 21st 2010, 2:58 am
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

hey, you live in my country, I post on your website.
I'm at least a 4th generation Canadian.
Old May 21st 2010, 3:13 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingnut
I've got some waist high tapered jeans and a pair of white Walmart trainers does that count?
Old May 21st 2010, 3:24 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingnut
At least? is your mom not sure who your dad is or something?
Old May 21st 2010, 3:40 am
BE Troll

In my own personal experience, it is very difficult to find a card that read " Happy Birthday Uncle Dad".
Old May 21st 2010, 3:43 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

In my own personal experience, it is very difficult to find a card that read " Happy Birthday Uncle Dad".
come to Alberta then
Old May 21st 2010, 5:08 am
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I've got some waist high tapered jeans and a pair of white Walmart trainers does that count?
You might want check the cic web site but I think you might be able to get a Canadian passport with that.
Old May 21st 2010, 5:09 am
Always lurking.

At least? is your mom not sure who your dad is or something?
Its hard to ask dead people if they are off the boat.
Old May 22nd 2010, 11:42 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by triumphguy
So a Canadian would tell a newbie that it's pronounced Minne WONKA, not Mini WANKA!
but that is no fun & photos don't lie
Old May 24th 2010, 12:09 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I think Lord Vader has said everything that needs saying and shut the regular 'Canada bashers' up
Old May 24th 2010, 1:21 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danny B
I think Lord Vader has said everything that needs saying and shut the regular 'Canada bashers' up
In yer dreams mate, in yer dreams