That was so painful

Old Sep 8th 2011, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default That was so painful

Apologies, but I need to vent and blow off steam built up from the most painful online job application process I've ever been through.

After goodness knows how long setting up a profile and filling out detail about skills and competencies, specifying this and that, the online system only crashes with a 'unknown' error, and tells me to contact systems admin (with no information on how to actually do that).

I even got to see the Java stacktrace (sorry about the tech speak), informing me that their system is trying to insert non numeric detail into a numeric field. I could fix the thing for them if they would give me a job!

Anyway, after calming down, I attempt to apply without creating a profile which involves entering much of the same information a second time, but this time it seems successful, HOWEVER, on the page that concludes my application, their system only has a section that wasn't part of the application process that has picked up random data from my attempt to set up a profile, and some of it is wrong! Grrrrrrrrrr Add to that there is no way to go back and edit it!

I think a call to their personnel department may be in order tomorrow to check they actually got my application and to clarify the random crap their own system inserted.

....... aaaaaaaaaaand relax!
Old Sep 8th 2011, 8:42 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: That was so painful

Originally Posted by chrisparr
I think a call to their personnel department may be in order tomorrow to check they actually got my application and to clarify the random crap their own system inserted.

....... aaaaaaaaaaand relax!
Good Idea, maybe you can sell yourself as the guy to fix it for them
Old Sep 8th 2011, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

I really hope this one goes somewhere.

Their job specification is almost a carbon copy of what I do in the UK. I hardly had to touch my resume to make it line up perfectly.

I just have the small task of talking them into the TWP and LMO
Old Sep 9th 2011, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

My Mum had the same trouble with an online application, she spent the best part of 3 hours logging in and completing all these stupid forms.....the funniest part was it was for a cashier position in B&Q!