Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

So long, farewell, adieu

So long, farewell, adieu

Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:25 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light
Default So long, farewell, adieu

for a few weeks at least.

I am going (home) back to the uk to visit my 'children'. I have missed them all so very much. My daughter gets married in a couple of weeks and so I get to see most of the family all in one place.

I may have time to get on-line in between sorting flowers, dresses etc. In the meantime, thanks to everybody here for keeping me sane and helping me get through a very difficult time.

Until I return.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:29 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So long, farewell, adieu

Have a great trip and enjoy your family. The wedding will be LOVELY!

We'll keep a space for you here ......
Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:50 pm
Having a blonde moment

Britjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of light

Have a fantastic time. Enjoy the wedding!

See you online soon
Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:57 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IceMaiden

I am going (home) back to the uk to visit my 'children'. I have missed them all so very much. My daughter gets married in a couple of weeks and so I get to see most of the family all in one place.

I may have time to get on-line in between sorting flowers, dresses etc. In the meantime, thanks to everybody here for keeping me sane and helping me get through a very difficult time.

Until I return.
Have fun IceMaiden.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 2:01 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you Morw, Jo and HWP.

I haven't seen my 'children' since we moved out here 4 months ago. Webcams make life bearable but its not quite the same. I am so looking forward to being with them.

The most difficult thing will be to say goodbye again to come back here.

But for now its onwards and upwards
Old Jul 19th 2006, 2:06 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused now ice.
as we'll be crossing over the atlantic somewhere, should I be saying goodbye or hello?
Old Jul 19th 2006, 2:08 pm
End of the line

Originally Posted by koogar
I'm confused now ice.
as we'll be crossing over the atlantic somewhere, should I be saying goodbye or hello?
How about "cheers" as we raise a glass
Old Jul 19th 2006, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Until I return.

Have a great trip hon - be safe and have a wonderful time at the wedding.

Keep in touch if you can, but take loads of photos so we can see them. We'll miss you!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 2:30 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Until I return.
Hurry back hun.
I for one will miss you loads.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Until I return.
It's amazing weather for a wedding here....bring the suncream and have a lovely trip!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:02 pm
End of the line

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Hurry back hun.
I for one will miss you loads.
Aw shucks you guys......... you are so kind, I'll miss you all (but not toooo much!).

Its a bit sad that I only have 'cyber friends' over here in Canada - is it like having an imaginary friend as a kid?
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:07 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Until I return.
ICE

See yous when yous get backs

Eddie
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:51 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Until I return.
Have a great trip enjoy the wedding.

We will eagerly await your return.

Be good, if you can't be good be careful and if you can't be careful don't name it after me.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 8:13 pm
End of the line

Originally Posted by Hangman
Have a great trip enjoy the wedding.

We will eagerly await your return.

Be good, if you can't be good be careful and if you can't be careful don't name it after me.
Thanks Steve

Thanks to everyone who sent their good wishes. I am really touched (!) (Don't even go there, BC!). I am finally packed and just about ready to go, at last.

Back in 3 weeks, if I don't get to chat before. Take care