Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

It snowed in Victoria this afternoon!

It snowed in Victoria this afternoon!

Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default It snowed in Victoria this afternoon!

Flurries this afternoon while the dogs and I were at anderson park hill. Didnt stick to the ground but damn cold and bitter wind!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:20 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It snowed in Victoria this afternoon!

Originally Posted by willmore
Flurries this afternoon while the dogs and I were at anderson park hill. Didnt stick to the ground but damn cold and bitter wind!
Light hail in Vancouver. Nice.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

We have had snow flurries for the last few days up in the Cowichan Valley. It hasn't laid where we live but it looks good on the mountains around. I normally quite like the snow but last week I planted some vegetables so I am hoping it doesn't stay around too long this time.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't have any snow today.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:38 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Here, all we have is the smell of dog poo thawing out.
Must be spring.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of

Yesterday Victoria got pelting hail, snow flerries and freezing rain along with sunny periods ....strange weather especially when you look outside and see the cherry blossom trees in full bloom and flowers everywhere...

today is looking to be much the same as yesterday as it is already snowing is some parts of Victoria...

come on Spring give Winter the final boot...

Island Girl
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

We have about 7cm of snow here at Shawnigan Lake and it's STILL snowing

I can just about see the daffodils in the tubs but the pansies are completely covered

The forecast for the next few days is sunny and much warmer - don't know whether to believe it or not
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:29 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Whatdayawant, a medal or sumfink?

Welcome to OUR world!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:33 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink

Welcome to OUR world!
Aaaaaawww thanks for the offer, but no you can keep your 15ft per second of snow

Actually we had 5cm this morning and I thought of you guys out there and decided not to moan, you have my sympathy in a smug "we haven't got much snow ha ha haha haaaaaa" type way
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:37 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Aaaaaawww thanks for the offer, but no you can keep your 15ft per second of snow

Actually we had 5cm this morning and I thought of you guys out there and decided not to moan, you have my sympathy in a smug "we haven't got much snow ha ha haha haaaaaa" type way
Hasn't snowed here for days now....

....if you don't count Tuesday evening

There are definite signs of spring at last. Its going to be touch and go whether the last of the snow banks in the yards is melted before the rink is completely liquid again. My guess it there will still be snow bank remnants in May.

Last edited by iaink; Mar 28th 2008 at 6:40 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skiboy10
We have about 7cm of snow here at Shawnigan Lake and it's STILL snowing

I can just about see the daffodils in the tubs but the pansies are completely covered

The forecast for the next few days is sunny and much warmer - don't know whether to believe it or not
Hi Jo, its still snowing our way but is not laying. Its laying just around the corner from Fisher Road onwards down Cobble Hill and Mill Bay. Still hoping it doesn't lay here (unusual for us as we normally enjoy the white stuff) but thinking of my veggies and all the planting done last week!

If you get the white water rapids charging down your driveway again give us a shout!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=skiboy10;6124779]We have about 7cm of snow here at Shawnigan Lake and it's STILL snowing

Quite agree with the weather being all over the place at the moment , I was in the comox yesterday and the sun was shining but it did start to snow a little in the afternoon and today here in Naniamo at the moment its snowing and just starting to settle its looking lovely but quite odd to see all the daffodils and crocusses in our garden with a dust of snow
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iaink

Welcome to OUR world!
Hi Iaink, your world is ready for you when you want to come and pick it up. It will be wrapped and put out by the front gate
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maddhobs
Hi Jo, its still snowing our way but is not laying. Its laying just around the corner from Fisher Road onwards down Cobble Hill and Mill Bay. Still hoping it doesn't lay here (unusual for us as we normally enjoy the white stuff) but thinking of my veggies and all the planting done last week!

If you get the white water rapids charging down your driveway again give us a shout!
It's just about stopped now but VERY noisy with the snow dropping onto the metal roof as it melts. Don't think we are in for a flood this time

OH and son supposed to be playing in the first golf competition of the season tomorrow I think they will need fluorescent balls
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:31 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skiboy10
fluorescent balls
There's a thought. Still, I guess it might aid navigation under low light conditions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.