Snow - again??

Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:49 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute
Default Snow - again??

Well honestly, one minute you're merrily planning your summer clothes, bit of self tanning and wishing you'd gone to the gym a hundred years ago to tone up and then all of a sudden, whoooosh, more snow.... makes a change from UK rain though so I am still not complaining

Gives me more time to pretent I might actually get in shape anyway
Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snow - again??

It can and does sometimes snow in Alberta in July and August. Will probably happen when we plan our trip to Edmonton to visit hubby's son.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:55 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ki76
Well honestly, one minute you're merrily planning your summer clothes, bit of self tanning and wishing you'd gone to the gym a hundred years ago to tone up and then all of a sudden, whoooosh, more snow.... makes a change from UK rain though so I am still not complaining

Welcome to spring Alberta style.

Although we all griping about the winter going on and on this year. This really is not at all unusual. The main difference is we usually get some much nicer weather between these damned snow storms.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Welcome to spring Alberta style.

Although we all griping about the winter going on and on this year. This really is not at all unusual. The main difference is we usually get some much nicer weather between these damned snow storms.
Ha Ha, we are still basking in mediterranean temperatures and trying to avoid sunstroke.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 5:27 pm
Happy as a pig in treacle

claire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud of

Bloody hell! There goes my excess baggage bill, through the roof! Will need ALL my clothes, Hubby will be pleased........
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm, my choice of clothing for my one week has gone awry !

I've been in my t-shirts, cropped trousers and flip flop type thingies here in the uk - and have been for about 4 weeks now.

Back to the jeans, boots and fleeces methinks ! Oh joy !
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:24 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann m
Mmm, my choice of clothing for my one week has gone awry !

I've been in my t-shirts, cropped trousers and flip flop type thingies here in the uk - and have been for about 4 weeks now.

Back to the jeans, boots and fleeces methinks ! Oh joy !
Environment Canada's five day forecast for Calgary says 17 for Tuesday but they've been known to be wrong before.

Sometimes I think they use a dart board for making their forecasts.

Cheers
Steve

P.S. Aren't you supposed to be packing.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Yeah all we have had for last few days is rain and snow. every where white today!!!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:40 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived on our first visit to calgary in May 2003. BIG SNOW!!

Here's a blog I found on't'web: Gives an insight to life in Calgary eh?

http://www.notmydog.com/2003_05_01_archive.html

Friday, May 09, 2003
Weekly Roundup:

Monday: Snow. Bad cravings for Theo, hound of my heart.
Tuesday: Snow. Head out to Costco in evening. Buy two tons of potting soil. Make Fearless carry them up three flights of stairs.
Wednesday: What a surprise, snow. The Canucks are making me very worried.
Thursday: Il neige comme un vrai bâtarde. [Translation: Golly, more snow.] Odd: at noon, like someone flipping a light switch in my head, I get the classic visual cue of impending migraine. A quivering band of distortion snakes and whip-cracks across my field of vision. Uh-oh. Soon, whenever I try to focus on something, my right eye goes "black." The pills put the pain on call forward. I am zonked.
Friday: Snow. Right eye feels like a BB in a knothole. Buy plane ticket to Santa Cruz for that fateful day next month, should I survive. R.I.P. Vancouver Canucks. See yez next year.

The hell? I buy a bottle of red wine as a thank-you to the Creative Director for sharing his, and the bastard doesn't even open it! It's Friday evening and I am completely sober. How wrong.

Posted by Jane Farries at 7:10 PM | Link | Throw me a bone

Tuesday, May 06, 2003
"...snow had fallen
snow on snow
on snow on snow on snow
In the bleak midwinter
and not very long ago.

[fr. "O Little Town of Gimmingham," by The Kipper Family]
EVERY YEAR it snows in Calgary in May and EVERY YEAR it's bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. Every year someone attempts to put out bedding plants before the Victoria Day long weekend, and every year there's a snowfall after the Victoria Day long weekend. Howls and protests abound. But wait, you say, are not the farmers happy with the recent precipitation? Nay, no, for it has been said by the wise that the cry of the Canadian farmer is "Not enough not enough TOO MUCH TOO MUCH," and so the moisture merely means the ground's too wet to seed. Sigh.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 1:57 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Peaked at 17 degrees this p.m. in the super hot mega bright sunny Okanagan-ville.

life in the Elysian paradise

Rich.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 4:24 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Peaked at 17 degrees this p.m. in the super hot mega bright sunny Okanagan-ville.

life in the Elysian paradise

Rich.
Well the good news is we shall be BACK up to that temperature again next week

I'll get me paddling pool ready LOL
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:26 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ki76

We had a roaring log fire last night to warm us up, must have got soft over the last two or three weeks !