SNOW!

Old Nov 4th 2011, 3:22 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default SNOW!

Has arrived in Red Deer overnight and it's still snowing. To be expected I hear you all say! Yep, it is, we were just hoping for a few more days grace as we have had a problem with my new, old car and are waiting for a part. Snow and Spitfires don't really go hand in hand, so OH gets to start the BMW with a screw driver and I get to drive his truck. No doubt I will have a lesson on starting a BMW with a screw driver this weekend

It all looks very pretty out there, I'm going to take the doggy for his first snowy walk of the winter in a minute
Old Nov 4th 2011, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SNOW!

So much for 40% risk of flurries, this is one long flurry it hasn't stopped all night.
I like the snow, but not looking forward to the drive to Calgary airport this afternoon.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 3:47 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Piff Poff, coming down thick and fast in Airdrie too. Think maybe I should have sent the kids off in snow pants this morning so expecting a very soggy 8 year old son home at lunchtime!

Tomorrow I have to drive on the Deerfoot for the first time in snow, arrgghhh. Not looking forward to that, think I might wimp out!

Hope you get your car sorted and enjoy drying your soggy dog!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Hi Piff Poff, coming down thick and fast in Airdrie too. Think maybe I should have sent the kids off in snow pants this morning so expecting a very soggy 8 year old son home at lunchtime!

Tomorrow I have to drive on the Deerfoot for the first time in snow, arrgghhh. Not looking forward to that, think I might wimp out!

I would bet money on the fact that the only road in Calgary that is virtually guaranteed to be in good shape will be Deerfoot Trail. The City has no responsbility for it and the numbers of cars that travel on it ensures that, barring a huge deluge, it will be clear of snow.

Clear of accidents is a completely different issue
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:00 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I would bet money on the fact that the only road in Calgary that is virtually guaranteed to be in good shape will be Deerfoot Trail. The City has no responsbility for it and the numbers of cars that travel on it ensures that, barring a huge deluge, it will be clear of snow.

Clear of accidents is a completely different issue
I know it's pretty good, I just hate driving on that damn scary road, too many lunatics at the best of times. I was the same with the M6
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's pretty good, I just hate driving on that damn scary road, too many lunatics at the best of times. I was the same with the M6
Ahhh the M6, best car park in the world lol:
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:05 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette
So much for 40% risk of flurries, this is one long flurry it hasn't stopped all night.
I like the snow, but not looking forward to the drive to Calgary airport this afternoon.
Oooh! Where you off too? Have a nice trip

Hope your son isn't too soggy, the dog doesn't get too wet because of the dry snow - so your son should be fine too. Couldn't find my winter boots (found everyone elses but mine have vanished) so my feet are cold but dry.

You'll be fine on the Deerfoot tomorrow, best get it over an done with the first time, then the worry will just diminish.

We take possession of our new place on Monday, so will be taking my Spitfire straight over, I just hope we don't get so much snow over the weekend that the snow drifts are higher than the car

On the plus side, OH has called and told me how fantastic the BMW is in the snow and ice
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:08 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Snow, Yaaaay!

Its my fault, I have boots and waxed up skis in the back of the car today.

(Not to use, to drop off at the local ski swap...)

Last edited by iaink; Nov 4th 2011 at 5:10 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Piff Poff
off to Germany to see our daughter, her hubby and our grandson, he is just 7 weeks old.

On the subject, where you off to? New place

Must meet up for a coffee when I get back.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iaink
Snow, Yaaaay!

Its my fault, I have boot and waxed up skis in the back of the car today.

(Not to use, to drop off at the local ski swap...)
Glad someone is taking responsibility for the arrival of the white stuff overnight
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:12 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Clear blue skies in Vancouver and just a little frosting on the ground this morning.

I see a teeny bit of the white stuff on Grouse and Seymour ski mountains. Not enough to use so send some more over this way.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:38 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Oooh! Where you off too? Have a nice trip

Hope your son isn't too soggy, the dog doesn't get too wet because of the dry snow - so your son should be fine too. Couldn't find my winter boots (found everyone elses but mine have vanished) so my feet are cold but dry.

You'll be fine on the Deerfoot tomorrow, best get it over an done with the first time, then the worry will just diminish.

We take possession of our new place on Monday, so will be taking my Spitfire straight over, I just hope we don't get so much snow over the weekend that the snow drifts are higher than the car

On the plus side, OH has called and told me how fantastic the BMW is in the snow and ice
Trouble is son will think he is a puppy when he gets out at recess, lol.

You are right about the Deerfoot, I know!

Good Luck with your move
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

HPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to allHPJOS is a name known to all

If you think Deerfoot is bad in the snow wait for a chinook, you'll go through a whole gallon of washer fuild on a round trip to downtown and back again!
Helen
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette
Hi Piff Poff
off to Germany to see our daughter, her hubby and our grandson, he is just 7 weeks old.

On the subject, where you off to? New place

Must meet up for a coffee when I get back.
Congratulations on the baby

We have gone slightly mad and bought a small (1.79) Acreage on the Burnt Lake Trail (closer to you!).

I'm saying slightly mad as it needs a lot of tlc, hence why our place in town is only up for sale by owner with a little sign in the front yard, when we get closer to being able to occupy the new place a realtor will be employed So we're not moving far, just a 15 minute drive from the place we're in right now but I am really quite nervous about the amount of work ahead of us
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Congratulations on the baby

We have gone slightly mad and bought a small (1.79) Acreage on the Burnt Lake Trail (closer to you!).

I'm saying slightly mad as it needs a lot of tlc, hence why our place in town is only up for sale by owner with a little sign in the front yard, when we get closer to being able to occupy the new place a realtor will be employed So we're not moving far, just a 15 minute drive from the place we're in right now but I am really quite nervous about the amount of work ahead of us
Thanks for the congrats.

Congrats to you on the new place.(only about 10 mins from us) At least when you do the work you will have your own personal touches to the place.
A friend of ours just bought an acreage on outskirts of Ponoka.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.