British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Snooker (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/snooker-700774/)

Oink Apr 20th 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Snooker

Just to let everyone know that the snooker world championships started today with Ronnie O defending his title. :thumbup:

Watch here

Novocastrian Apr 20th 2013 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 10669543)
Just to let everyone know that the snooker world championships started today with Ronnie O defending his title. :thumbup:

Watch here

It's on Eurosport TV in France, which is fine for the next few days. But I return to the land of the Midnight Iced Hockey on Thursday. Is it on TV there?

Oink Apr 20th 2013 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 10669549)
It's on Eurosport TV in France, which is fine for the next few days. But I return to the land of the Midnight Iced Hockey on Thursday. Is it on TV there?

You'll have to watch it online unfortunately as it can't compete with curling in Canada for airtime.

Novocastrian Apr 20th 2013 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 10669562)
You'll have to watch it online unfortunately as it can't compete with curling in Canada for airtime.

Arrrrggghhh. Damned colonial philistines! (Although I quite like watching curling).

Oink Apr 20th 2013 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 10669566)
Arrrrggghhh. Damned colonial philistines! (Although I quite like watching curling).

I suppose if you've smoked a fat one it could be pass the time. I rather miss the One Man and His Dog competitions, especially the Christmas specials.

Oink Apr 28th 2013 3:44 pm

A rather tasty match between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Ali Carter is on now.

Flogger Apr 28th 2013 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 10682204)
A rather tasty match between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Ali Carter is on now.

Lost its charm. No Willie Thorne, or Doug Mountjoy these days:(

Oink Apr 28th 2013 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Flogger (Post 10682571)

Ronnie's pretty good to watch but you're right, a lot of them are just boring naffers.

Flogger Apr 28th 2013 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 10682574)
Ronnie's pretty good to watch but you're right, a lot of them are just boring naffers.

I've not watched any of it. She would only naffing moan if i tried anyway:(

Oink Apr 28th 2013 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Flogger (Post 10682626)
I've not watched any of it. She would only naffing moan if i tried anyway:(

HID is off to some present some bolloxy theory on bollox at a conference or something later this week so I envision, lots of lager, a large naff-off order of extra spicy Indian food and hours of snooker on the big telly. :thumbup:

Flogger Apr 28th 2013 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 10682648)
HID is off to some present some bolloxy theory on bollox at a conference or something later this week so I envision, lots of lager, a large naff-off order of extra spicy Indian food and hours of snooker on the big telly. :thumbup:

That sounds great:thumbup: Would encourage OH to bugger off and talk bolllox somewhere but bloody son would then take over the remote and I would probably end up having to watch naffing wrestling:frown:

Flogger Apr 28th 2013 11:13 pm

Back in the UK, we would always play a friendly (cricket) on thje bank holiday monday. SWo it was always down the legion after to watch the last few frames of the final. Cheeky flutter :thumbup:in the bank holiday bottle draw too.

Danny B Apr 29th 2013 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Flogger (Post 10682571)

You will enjoy watching Peter Ebdon then..... :lol:

Oink Apr 29th 2013 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 10684232)
You will enjoy watching Peter Ebdon then..... :lol:

Ronnie dispatched Ali Carter pretty smartish this morning/evening.

Oink May 1st 2013 3:31 pm

Sun streaming through the window, nice mug of tea and a ham and cheese roll, the snooker on the big teleconference screen and a smashing match too. Life’s good this morning. :thumbup: