Ski Season BC

Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

furreal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ski Season BC

Hi everyone
has anyone on here done a ski season in BC?
My daughter is due to start next month, question because she will be on a low salary we have been told that she will be covered by BC for her health insurance . As a PR she has coverage with AB but due to the fact that she will be doing dangerous sports ( she is going to be the events organizer hence has to try out all facilities ) Would it be advisable to get extra cover? Not totally sure how this works, so any information would be invaluable. Thank you,
Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:46 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ski Season BC

Originally Posted by furreal
Hi everyone
has anyone on here done a ski season in BC?
My daughter is due to start next month, question because she will be on a low salary we have been told that she will be covered by BC for her health insurance . As a PR she has coverage with AB but due to the fact that she will be doing dangerous sports ( she is going to be the events organizer hence has to try out all facilities ) Would it be advisable to get extra cover? Not totally sure how this works, so any information would be invaluable. Thank you,
Check with the Alberta plan if they will cover her for the time she will be out of province. Also if they will cover sports accidents. I assume they will but best to be sure. If not she will have to apply for coverage by NC MSP. This costs $60.50 per month.

There is a waiting time between 2-3 before she will be covered by BC-MSP. She needs to apply as soon as she gets here. However, she will continue to be covered by Alberta's scheme until she is eligible for BC cover. If she needs to see a doctor or to go to a hospital in this period she just goes to the local facilities, shows them her Alberta health card and they will send the bill to AB.

Just as in AB, you can buy extra cover for prescription drugs, non-hospital dentistry and eye care.