Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Sitting on the dock of the bay

Sitting on the dock of the bay

Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:59 am
Happy here..

Eve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud of
Default Sitting on the dock of the bay

Maybe I'm a little odd,Ok,I won't argue lyrics and music spring to mind sometimes,parallels to whats happening at any given moment..during this process we are putting ourselves through. Heres mine and yours?

Yesterday.. just had a row with OH,fed up,sitting in arm chair cup of tea in hand staring out the window and I sing to myself

Sitting at the dock of the bay watching the clouds roll away
Sitting in this building site of a house watching the dust settle once again

That evening another little row.
My old mans a dustman he wears a dustmans hat he wears gawd blimey trousers and what do you think of that
My old mans a ****** he wears cone shaped hat and if he bl**dy says that again I think I'll scream,jump up and down,spit,turn into hulk and that'll be the end of that.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:25 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sitting on the dock of the bay

Originally Posted by Eve N
Maybe I'm a little odd,Ok,I won't argue lyrics and music spring to mind sometimes,parallels to whats happening at any given moment..during this process we are putting ourselves through. Heres mine and yours?

Yesterday.. just had a row with OH,fed up,sitting in arm chair cup of tea in hand staring out the window and I sing to myself

Sitting at the dock of the bay watching the clouds roll away
Sitting in this building site of a house watching the dust settle once again

That evening another little row.
My old mans a dustman he wears a dustmans hat he wears gawd blimey trousers and what do you think of that
My old mans a ****** he wears cone shaped hat and if he bl**dy says that again I think I'll scream,jump up and down,spit,turn into hulk and that'll be the end of that.
That's so funny...are you having a better day today?!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:39 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Feeling better now ?????
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:07 pm
Happy here..

Eve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=AmyDavid;6177311]That's so funny...are you having a better day today?![/QUOTE

OH still breathing.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold

We all have days like that but, you have said it the best:curse:
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:00 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaaaw Eve (I love the dustman one - you come insert "and jump up and down on his head" in there too).

Its natural to have days like that and the stress of what you're doing doesn't help - Mr MMC and I had some of our worst rows in the lead up to the move.

If it will make you feel better do what I did - bet a big sheet of paper, write on it "You are a w****r" and hide it in the spare bedroom, then when you have a row go into the next room and hold the piece of paper at the wall pretending he can see it. It always made me laugh and calm down!!!!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:09 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Aaaaaw Eve (I love the dustman one - you come insert "and jump up and down on his head" in there too).

Its natural to have days like that and the stress of what you're doing doesn't help - Mr MMC and I had some of our worst rows in the lead up to the move.

If it will make you feel better do what I did - bet a big sheet of paper, write on it "You are a w****r" and hide it in the spare bedroom, then when you have a row go into the next room and hold the piece of paper at the wall pretending he can see it. It always made me laugh and calm down!!!!
That is SUCH a good idea! Reminds me of being a teenager and stucking my fingers up at my mum behind my door and her opening it and catching me out...ooops!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:16 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

My old mans a dustman he wears a dustmans hat he wears gawd blimey trousers and he lives in a council flat.
If you are going to sing the song at least get it right.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:17 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to point this out, but the last bit doesn't scan.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:44 am
Happy here..

Originally Posted by Steve_P
If you are going to sing the song at least get it right.

Its my version
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:11 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Its my version
Its her version and she'll sing how she wants to !!!

To the tune of its my party - yeah I know doesn't scan brilliantly!!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:19 am
Sloopy Dippinsprinkles

MrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really nice

So are you now singing "I can see cleary now the rain has gone....It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day"
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:12 pm
Happy here..

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Its her version and she'll sing how she wants to !!!

To the tune of its my party - yeah I know doesn't scan brilliantly!!
Thank you!

I'm leaving on a jet plane dont know if I'll be back again.
Thats my mental state and not in reference to immigrating

ah!!!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:00 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I used to sing "I will run away" (The Corrs' version)
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:08 pm
half a century

At the moment I keeps singing that catchy one from Hairspray -about the motion of the ocean!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.