Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Should I or shouldn't I?

View Poll Results: Should I or shouldn't I?
Do it!
80.77%
Don't do it!
19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Should I or shouldn't I?

Old Sep 24th 2013, 12:03 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I or shouldn't I?

Originally Posted by caretaker
Well at that point you're doing it for the kids. Are you moving to Regina? I can show you around!
Talking of Regina, do you ever listen to CKRM AM 620?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 12:36 am
BEd Enthusiast

cjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond repute

Could you not persuade someone else to do it for you?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Are you trying to decide whether or not to pay attention to the poll results?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Are you mad? Man of your advanced years doing that? Spare a thought for the children.

I think you should - definitely. Do it for the children.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:19 am
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Well at that point you're doing it for the kids. Are you moving to Regina? I can show you around!
No!

Originally Posted by cjones
Could you not persuade someone else to do it for you?
No!

Originally Posted by rwin
Are you trying to decide whether or not to pay attention to the poll results?
No!

Originally Posted by ann m
I think you should - definitely. Do it for the children.
Perhaps I should pm a random(-ish) forum member with the details??
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:28 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Talking of Regina, do you ever listen to CKRM AM 620?
Sorry, no. I tried once way back when you first mentioned it but he wasn't on. That shitkicker music is something you're sentenced to when you drive through part of the country. Some is good, but not constantly. I tune the car radio to CJTR community radio 91.3 if they're playiing music and if they're talking they get the hook and I push button 2 for 94.5 The Jack rock/oldies station. Check CJTR out online. Is he still the 'Voice of the Riders'?
The building that used to be CKRM radio station in the old days has been renovated and is now the surgical centre where I had my shoulder fixed end of May.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:30 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

do it and post pictures!!
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:48 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Do it for the children.
Operation Yewtree may be along shortly.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:58 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, no. I tried once way back when you first mentioned it but he wasn't on. That shitkicker music is something you're sentenced to when you drive through part of the country. Some is good, but not constantly. I tune the car radio to CJTR community radio 91.3 if they're playiing music and if they're talking they get the hook and I push button 2 for 94.5 The Jack rock/oldies station. Check CJTR out online. Is he still the 'Voice of the Riders'?
The building that used to be CKRM radio station in the old days has been renovated and is now the surgical centre where I had my shoulder fixed end of May.
Well, I certainly can't blame you, it's a shit awful station, but after a year or so at Global TV, he's back there and is now the weekend news anchor and a news reporter the rest of the time.

Apparently the ratings for the shit awful channel's news has gone way up since he started.

<moderately proud father signing off>

Except to say that Greenhill shouldn't do it under any circumstances.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 2:40 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Given the circumstances, I would strongly advise writing a letter before you do anything you may regret. My very best of luck
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:04 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Always easier to beg forgiveness than seek permission. Imagine the life of "what if" and the endless pangs of regret if you don't. Almost Proustian in its pathos. Do it.

But then again, you may hurt yourself or others. Consider the consequences very carefully.

When all's said and done, there's no easy decision. I mean, you may as well just ask a bunch of random strangers on the Internet for their opinion... oh.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:24 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

There is method in my madness (er, somewhat).

Do you have 15 minutes that you can spare today?

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Always easier to beg forgiveness than seek permission. Imagine the life of "what if" and the endless pangs of regret if you don't. Almost Proustian in its pathos. Do it.

But then again, you may hurt yourself or others. Consider the consequences very carefully.

When all's said and done, there's no easy decision. I mean, you may as well just ask a bunch of random strangers on the Internet for their opinion... oh.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 2:10 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
There is method in my madness (er, somewhat).

Do you have 15 minutes that you can spare today?
Are you soliciting donations for Greenpeace or recruiting for Scientology? "Can you spare a few minutes to answer some questions" is an opening gambit that worries me deeply
Old Sep 24th 2013, 3:05 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

If in doubt, just do it.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 3:36 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

PM sent.

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Are you soliciting donations for Greenpeace or recruiting for Scientology? "Can you spare a few minutes to answer some questions" is an opening gambit that worries me deeply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.