Reload this Page >

Sewing Machines and electric things

Sewing Machines and electric things

Old Jun 19th 2011, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

beaujolais is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sewing Machines and electric things

Hi
We are moving in a few weeks and we are getting conflicting views over what will and wont work over there. Has anyone brought over their sewing machines and other stuff and used a converter. Does it work? Would really apprieciate some experienced advice on this please. Thanks
Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sewing Machines and electric things

Originally Posted by beaujolais
Hi
We are moving in a few weeks and we are getting conflicting views over what will and wont work over there. Has anyone brought over their sewing machines and other stuff and used a converter. Does it work? Would really apprieciate some experienced advice on this please. Thanks
Generally, things that turn and things that heat up aren't worth bringing, they require expensive adaptors and/or don't work quite properly. A sewing machine certainly counts as a turning thing, if it's an expensive one I'd check with the manufacturer but, unless it has a voltage switch, I wouldn't hold old much hope.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Kydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud of

Hi
I'd side with dbd here. An African witch doctor would be able to cure advanced colon cancer with far more success than getting a sewing machine to work properly over here, If a wife of my friend's story is anything to go by. Of course not all sewing machines are the same, but why take a chance? Get a nice new machine that connects to a computer and can do embroidery and shit when you get here.

Last edited by Kydney_Stone; Jun 19th 2011 at 11:39 pm. Reason: added shit
Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

hey thanks for that.....thats what I have along with two others - hence my reluctance to say good bye to them.......
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Kydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud of

hey thanks for that.....thats what I have along with two others - hence my reluctance to say good bye to them.......
3? I've heard of female multitasking but...

Maybe bring over your best one. But experience tells me you might be better to sell all 3 and get a good one when you get over here. About $1000 (750 pounds) plus tax should get you a humdinger.

Look at this baby.

http://www.sewingandembroiderywareho...00.html#pe780d
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

I brought my sewing machine from UK and have used it with a converter no problem.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

If money's no problem get this muther. No idea of the price but I'm guessing a mortgage might be available.

http://www.pfaff.com/mediafiles/p80/...ex_global.html
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tallperson
I brought my sewing machine from UK and have used it with a converter no problem.
You'll have to give more info to the poster, for instance the make of machine, model number, year of manufacture, which converter did you use.. Not everything is equal. Or whatever.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:50 am
recycled member

peas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tallperson
Same.

The sewing machine I brought back from the UK was a very bare bones one... not anything computerized. With a converter, it works just as it did in the UK.

I got the converter from: http://www.voltageconverters.com/
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by peas
Same.

The sewing machine I brought back from the UK was a very bare bones one... not anything computerized. With a converter, it works just as it did in the UK.

I got the converter from: http://www.voltageconverters.com/
I'm guessing that now the poster is back to where she started before posting her post, so to speak

HEY! Just bring over all 3 and see what happens!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:01 am
recycled member

peas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kydney_Stone
I'm guessing that now the poster is back to where she started before posting her post, so to speak

HEY! Just bring over all 3 and see what happens!

I think you're taking a unhealthy interest in this. Time to call your nurse.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by peas
I think you're taking a unhealthy interest in this. Time to call your nurse.
Well, sometimes males enjoy to discuss things which are usually in the realm of the female world. Well this one does anyway.

I can't afford a nurse
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:08 am
recycled member

OK...

I have a JUKI HZL-E50 sewing machine and this converter:
http://www.voltageconverters.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VC100W

There. Happy now Kydney_Stone?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Thankyou good to hear a couple of positive posts keep posting.. anything else anyone bought with them. would love to bring my nespresso coffee machines with me.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:18 am
recycled member

Originally Posted by Kydney_Stone
Well, sometimes males enjoy to discuss things which are usually in the realm of the female world. Well this one does anyway.
Give sewing a try... it's fun to make stuff. I sew to make kites, dracula capes and stuff.

I like this application of sewing:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SnoopCattyC...f=pr_shop_more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.