Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Service Ontario change of address online?

Service Ontario change of address online?

Old Mar 7th 2024, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute
Default Service Ontario change of address online?

I've tried several times to change an address online with Service Ontario. ( Yes I know I can always walk into a Service Ontario place, but that's not the point of the question )

Every time I try doing that, it wouldn't let me, stating that "I had exceeded the limit 3 times", but in reality I didn't exceed that limit. It comes at the first time.

Calling them up for an answer doesn't get one far, precise questions are handled with the undertone of "having no respect for the staff". However there is apparently an IT problem, but they can't place it?

Did anybody have the same experience lately?
Old Mar 19th 2024, 1:55 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Service Ontario change of address online?

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
I've tried several times to change an address online with Service Ontario. ( Yes I know I can always walk into a Service Ontario place, but that's not the point of the question )

Every time I try doing that, it wouldn't let me, stating that "I had exceeded the limit 3 times", but in reality I didn't exceed that limit. It comes at the first time.

Calling them up for an answer doesn't get one far, precise questions are handled with the undertone of "having no respect for the staff". However there is apparently an IT problem, but they can't place it?

Did anybody have the same experience lately?
I've had this issue when there has been an issue with them having a wrong address for one of my documents. I didn't realize that updating my driving license when I moved wasn't enough for them.

You are likely going to need to go to a kiosk to sort this. They do seem to be much quicker these days.
Old Apr 13th 2024, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Service Ontario change of address online?

Originally Posted by JamesM
I've had this issue when there has been an issue with them having a wrong address for one of my documents. I didn't realize that updating my driving license when I moved wasn't enough for them.

You are likely going to need to go to a kiosk to sort this. They do seem to be much quicker these days.
I did it in person in the end.

The problem is that there is some kind of 60 or 90 day rule in place, when you can change an address online. This would also be the case if your OHIP and G Class driver's license are to expire within these 60 or 90 day rule as well. Plus the G Class driver's license requires a new picture every 10 years, - this was also the case in my situation as the last renewal was online only and during Covid.