Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Septics shooting each other again.

Septics shooting each other again.

Old Dec 4th 2015, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Septics shooting each other again.

Originally Posted by Rete
Ironic but I married a Canadian, who now has US Citizenship, who entered the US on a K-1 with his long guns. Registered them with the authorities and now has purchased a gun and sleeps with it under his pillow at night. Before marrying him, I had never seen a gun up close and now have to live with long guns and a gun in my home. So it ain't just native born Americans with a fetish for guns that live in the US.

PS he nags me to learn to shoot but I refuse to have anything to do with a gun, pistol, rifle, long gun and will only hold and shoot a water pistol.
On the assumption that it is a side arm that he sleeps with, you should ask him to demonstrate to you at a local shooting range how good a shot he is with it. Unless that he goes there regularly I doubt very much that he would be able to hit something 6 inches square from a distance of more than 8 feet.

Just look at all of the videos of cops shooting people. Rarely do they fire a single round. Normally they shoot lots with minimal success.
Old Dec 4th 2015, 3:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
On the assumption that it is a side arm that he sleeps with, you should ask him to demonstrate to you at a local shooting range how good a shot he is with it. Unless that he goes there regularly I doubt very much that he would be able to hit something 6 inches square from a distance of more than 8 feet.

Just look at all of the videos of cops shooting people. Rarely do they fire a single round. Normally they shoot lots with minimal success.
Agreed. A former colleague of mine who was a member of an Army (British) marksman/sniper unit, told me that in a high-stress/ combat situation that it was unlikely that a pistol could be used to shoot someone at 30ft.
Old Dec 4th 2015, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Agreed. A former colleague of mine who was a member of an Army (British) marksman/sniper unit, told me that in a high-stress/ combat situation that it was unlikely that a pistol could be used to shoot someone at 30ft.
People that can shoot side arms like Riggs did in Lethal Weapon simply don't exist.
Old Dec 4th 2015, 4:26 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you don't want to be downwind of any of that whether it's accurate or not. I used to shoot 100 rds of 9mm every week at the range and while I'm sure there are naturals out there that can just hit everything they look at it took me all of that practice plus 50 -100 rds of .22 to keep proficient. I've been shooting since I was a kid but in the time I had handguns I found they require more practice
Old Dec 4th 2015, 4:50 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Ordinary muslims:-

"Please don't be muslims.. Please don't be muslims..."

"Goddamn it!!"
Chez paw339:-

"Please let it be muslims.. Please let it be muslims..."

"YESSSSSSS!!"
Old Dec 4th 2015, 5:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Of course you don't want to be downwind of any of that whether it's accurate or not. ......
Agreed, it is never good to be a target, but if you fire bullets at an intruder you are betting that you can stop them, because if you don't stop them you'll just make them angry. As some people find out, in the real world you have 2-3 bullets to stop the intruder or otherwise they'll be in your face and have grabbed your gun, at which point you would be better off not having had the gun in the first place!
Old Dec 4th 2015, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

paw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Chez paw339:-

"Please let it be muslims.. Please let it be muslims..."

"YESSSSSSS!!"
Talking crap I see. Just because you see potential problems doesn't mean you want them to occur.

Last edited by paw339; Dec 4th 2015 at 5:48 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2015, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
American cops are notoriously bad shots. Particularly when shooting under stress in a real hazardous environment, rather than on a range.

I remember visiting a friend in Florida in the mid 90s when I hadn't shot a pistol in the best part of ten years, and I could still hit beer cans at thirty feet with his .38 revolver. Not every time, but at least once before I had to reload it.
Old Dec 4th 2015, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MarkG
American cops are notoriously bad shots. Particularly when shooting under stress in a real hazardous environment, rather than on a range.

I remember visiting a friend in Florida in the mid 90s when I hadn't shot a pistol in the best part of ten years, and I could still hit beer cans at thirty feet with his .38 revolver. Not every time, but at least once before I had to reload it.
Let's hope your assailant is not able to cover that 30' in the time it takes you to hit your mark
Old Dec 4th 2015, 6:07 pm

American cops are notoriously bad shots. Particularly when shooting under stress in a real hazardous environment, rather than on a range. ....
See #62 above.
.... I remember visiting a friend in Florida in the mid 90s when I hadn't shot a pistol in the best part of ten years, and I could still hit beer cans at thirty feet with his .38 revolver. Not every time, but at least once before I had to reload it.
I presume the beer cans weren't returning fire.
Old Dec 4th 2015, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

See #62 above.
Irrelevant to the comment I was replying to.

I presume the beer cans weren't returning fire.

I haven't shot a pistol since the 90s, and I'm very sure that I could still hit a six inch target from eight feet on a shooting range, which is what they comment claimed people couldn't do.
Old Dec 4th 2015, 7:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
... 100 rounds...............
That's a big breakfast.

Oh, sorry, wrong thread.
Old Dec 4th 2015, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I haven't shot a pistol since the 90s, and I'm very sure that I could still hit a six inch target from eight feet on a shooting range, which is what they comment claimed people couldn't do.
The inference I drew from you comment above was that it may take you 6 shots to do it. If that is correct, The Milky Bar Kid, you ain't.
Old Dec 4th 2015, 10:41 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the main influence in the two who committed this was Female and pledged to Isis on that day. Looks like she was trained then linked up with a US citizen who she convinced to join in. Just good they did not get chance to use the bombs they had made.

Hmm isn't Canada favouring female refugees?
Old Dec 4th 2015, 10:57 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Times have certainly changed. It's not like pre 9/11 where you could get away with having liberal views about things and assuming swarthy looking people aren't all terrorists. No, we need to be taking home defense seriously. What this means is that we all need to be buying guns and keeping them under our pillows at night or we can kiss our freedom goodbye.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.