Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Septics shooting each other again.

Septics shooting each other again.

Old Dec 2nd 2015, 11:39 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Septics shooting each other again.

Can we take a bet on how long it was before Fox News / CNN mentioned either the word Terrorist or ISIS when first reporting this story?

It does annoy me that Obama is getting flack, again, for this, as I think it's not something he, even as President can change, it needs the backing of Congress, who seem somewhat reluctant to do so, perhaps because quite a lot of the members get lovely amounts of money from the NRA, and as such, its in their personal best interest, ie; money in their pocket, maintaining a place at the trough on the gravy train, to not do anything about it.

I wonder if the news networks will mention what the word "amendment" actually means, seems quite a lot of people who bang on about rights to bear arms don't actually get it.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 12:15 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
The price of freedom, I'm afraid.
It certainly is. They do love their guns - it's just a shame for them they can't stop "popping caps in each others asses" as they say down there.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 1:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

`But is this your run of the mill nutter shooting or domestic terror nutter shooting?

Seems this one isn't the typical loner gets some guns and goes on a shooting spree.

While the laws make little difference because there are no borders between states, California has some of the toughest gun laws in the country.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 3rd 2015 at 1:18 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 1:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
Can we take a bet on how long it was before Fox News / CNN mentioned either the word Terrorist or ISIS when first reporting this story?

It does annoy me that Obama is getting flack, again, for this, as I think it's not something he, even as President can change, it needs the backing of Congress, who seem somewhat reluctant to do so, perhaps because quite a lot of the members get lovely amounts of money from the NRA, and as such, its in their personal best interest, ie; money in their pocket, maintaining a place at the trough on the gravy train, to not do anything about it.

I wonder if the news networks will mention what the word "amendment" actually means, seems quite a lot of people who bang on about rights to bear arms don't actually get it.
Everything becomes blame the president down there, people seem to think the president whoever it might be has all the power to just change anything and forget about congress...

For any real meaningful change to take place, the constitution really needs to be changed, and that will require more then just congress and will require 38 states to all agree for change, otherwise it will just continue being a mish mash of laws across the country.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 1:35 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
It almost isn't. The thing is, after Sandy Hook, there's really no excuse for the USA not to get its house in order. And still, they don't want to. I think Oink's post is not necessarily ironic in the mind of many Americans.
After Sandy Hook it became clear that America has accepted that weekly mass shootings, even of children are a necessary price to pay for the second amendment right. Incomprehensible to the rest of the world but society as whole must have accepted it as there is zero will for any change.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 10:46 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

As said above, most have no clue as to what "amendment" means. There was, I believe an article in there about the prohibition of alcoholic beverages in the the USA, and it was one of the later amendments (18th?) that, well, amended that article.

Perhaps it's time for another amendment to the 2nd amendment, perhaps making mention that you have the right to bear arms, but not assault rifles and their ilk, as why the hell does a private individual really need that?

Never got why you need a gun in your house. protection? really? I think opportunistic thieves aren't really planning on raping and murdering your family, more like trying to nick your car keys. If you have someone coming into your house with intent to kill, likely you have done something to cause that.

Same kind of deal on the street, if you have to carry a gun then you're afraid of something, probably your own shadow, or you're some gangbanger and think it's a way of life.

I see that the suspects have been named, whelp, I'm waiting for the "M" word to be mentioned, as they are "foreign" sounding names. From the small amount I've read, sounds as though it could just be some pissed off employee, leaving the company party and coming back with their alleged partner and going all postal on the party.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 11:02 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
...sounds as though it could just be some pissed off employee, leaving the company party and coming back with their alleged partner and going all postal on the party.
As you do.

My next door neighbour had a row with his girlfriend. She stormed off and returned, throwing a brick through the window.

Unfortunately she got my house instead of his.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 11:16 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

If it's a terrorist sleeper cell or homegrown jihadis there will probably be credit taken within a day, and possibly a video left behind or sent to media.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 1:54 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Obama knows he can't change things, he's given up and seems as perplexed as the rest of the world.

The Seppos (A term we need to thank the aussies for I think) value their guns more than they fear these massacres.

The silver lining is the global reporting of these massacres shows the USA is morally bankrupt and really can't be dictating to the rest of the world how to carry out their business any more.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 2:40 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

At least the police have shot someone guilty for a change.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 2:42 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Bananas don't kill people. People kill people.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 3:11 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...5th-this-year/

The San Bernardino shooting is the second mass shooting today and the 355th this year.

Unreal.
Strange, given those numbers, I have not heard of a mass shooting anywhere near me. I hear gunfire from several directions at my home every weekend, and sometimes in the evenings during the week, and someone nearby seems to have a machine gun. Someone else (different direction) may have some sort of cannon because the sound is unlike any smallarm I know of.

I have never been concerned about being shot.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 3:39 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
Obama knows he can't change things, he's given up and seems as perplexed as the rest of the world.
When the plea he made after Sandy Hook was rejected he probably lost heart.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 3:55 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel

The Seppos (A term we need to thank the aussies for I think) value their guns more than they fear these massacres.

The silver lining is the global reporting of these massacres shows the USA is morally bankrupt and really can't be dictating to the rest of the world how to carry out their business any more.
Seppo is definitely an aussie contraction of septic. I assumed that septic itself originated in London, however my google skills aren't up to finding the etymology of this use. Still, if it was the convicts - good on the c***s.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 4:21 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Bananas don't kill people. People kill people.
You might be joking but in all seriousness, if those party goers were all carrying Bananas, they could have prevented the high number of deaths.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.