British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Sending photos to the Grandparents in the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/sending-photos-grandparents-uk-645962/)

live to ski Dec 23rd 2009 10:02 pm

Sending photos to the Grandparents in the UK

I have just found that Asda.co.uk do a photo service where by you can upload photos online and they will print and post them for you.

We've just ordered a batch for each set of Little Miss L2S's grandparents, so I'll let you know what we think of the complete service.

The website was fine to use.

Aviator Dec 23rd 2009 10:24 pm

Re: Sending photos to the Grandparents in the UK

Originally Posted by live to ski (Post 8194647)
I have just found that Asda.co.uk do a photo service where by you can upload photos online and they will print and post them for you.

We've just ordered a batch for each set of Little Miss L2S's grandparents, so I'll let you know what we think of the complete service.

Jessops do likewise, the first order is something like 25 free prints as well. We also find the folks like a DVD with the photos on. Usually do a years worth with some tunes as well. Photodex ProShow is great for doing this.

bsmith Dec 23rd 2009 10:53 pm

...I'm sure lots of folks on here are doing this already, but if not, another neat photo idea is to upload your out-and-about/landscape type snaps into Google maps. Our lot back home find it pretty interesting as it kind of puts what would otherwise be just "another random shot of a mountain" into some sort of context.

..It's really straight forward to do and here's the link for signing up etc.

Bali2010 Dec 23rd 2009 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by live to ski (Post 8194647)

Hi

We have used Truprint for years & had a good response. I tend to wait until they do half price / special offers then get a load done. They are also good for cards, gifts etc with the photos, though I imagine Asda do those too.

:)

woodmanbg Dec 24th 2009 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 8194724)
Hi

We have used Truprint for years & had a good response. I tend to wait until they do half price / special offers then get a load done. They are also good for cards, gifts etc with the photos, though I imagine Asda do those too.

:)

I have used Truprint for years and continue to do so over here to send my Mum photos, also waiting for the special offers sometimes. I have also used Bonusprint but it is not as convenient to use as Truprint. I have ordered prints via Bonusprint to have sent to the US also, and I think they come from the UK!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! :)