self preservation

Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:18 am
Just Joined

jon belfast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: self preservation

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
Hi Jon, what about ye - sorry for thread hijack - just wanted to say dont come to Indian Head in Saskatchewan as we are the only two here from Northern Ireland and we are now the town celebrities and I would hate for you to steal our thunder

Get out of Belfast and come anywhere in Canada - of course I would rec Saskatchewan. What job do you do - they are looking for all kinds of workers here and they reckond SK is going to be the next Alberta with an oil boom!

Have you applied for any visas yet?

whats the craic mate?

great to hear from ye im a cnc machinist for caterpillar in belfast and the shifts health and safety rep. havent applied for any visas just yet thought id try and secure some employment before i did was thinking around atlantic canada what do you think? i could use all the advice i can get mate.

cheers
jon.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:26 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jon belfast
hey hows it going im thinking of moving to canada from belfast later this year which province are you movint to?

cheers
jon x
Hi & welcome. N. Ireland will be empty at this rate! I'm headed for Toronto later this year & after that, see what happens! This is a great forum for learning all about making the move, there's heaps of stuff in the 'WIKI' at the top of the page which tells you all about the different routes of immigration. You might wanna find out if your job is listed as an 'occupation under pressure' in any of the provinces.
Atlantic provinces look gorgeous. Did you make it to the Emigrate Show in Belfast the other week? I went along for a nosey round, they had presentations & videos about most parts of Canada. Enjoy the research
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:18 am
Just Joined

jon belfast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Hi & welcome. N. Ireland will be empty at this rate! I'm headed for Toronto later this year & after that, see what happens! This is a great forum for learning all about making the move, there's heaps of stuff in the 'WIKI' at the top of the page which tells you all about the different routes of immigration. You might wanna find out if your job is listed as an 'occupation under pressure' in any of the provinces.
Atlantic provinces look gorgeous. Did you make it to the Emigrate Show in Belfast the other week? I went along for a nosey round, they had presentations & videos about most parts of Canada. Enjoy the research
hey yeah went down to the show the other sunday went to it last year aswell so seen a few familiar faces.
I've always wanted to move to Canada especially around the Atlantic islands like PEI NF or nova scotia but I've never put the fist foot forward and made a big effort i had lived for a few months in south africa a couple of years ago but didn't fancy it too much. i work for caterpillar in Belfast as a cnc machinist which is especially needed in the aerospace industry across atlantic canada.
are you travelling over in a group?

cheers jon
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:49 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL weird, I could have been sitting right beside you NS looks lovely & the houses on mls.ca are brilliant , I could be tempted there myself at some point. If you have a skill that's in demand then go for it, what's the worst that could happen!
I'm heading over by myself as a 'billy no mates' sure it's character-building stuff!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon belfast
whats the craic mate?

great to hear from ye im a cnc machinist for caterpillar in belfast and the shifts health and safety rep. havent applied for any visas just yet thought id try and secure some employment before i did was thinking around atlantic canada what do you think? i could use all the advice i can get mate.

cheers
jon.
Hi Jon,

You should have no probs getting a job, I originally wanted to go to NS to - but OH said it was full of the Brits and Irish and we may as well be at home - MEN:curse:

Our next door neighbours moved years ago to PEI and absoulutely love it - he was home for a wedding a few weeks ago in NI and was up with me Ma and Da and they said he couldn't wait to go back. Handy wee flight back to the old country too or for rellies coming out to visit you

Take ireland2canada's advice and read up on all the info for newcomers on this site - to tell you the truth we would not have made it here so quickly without the help from people on BE.