Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Seafood Restaurant Suggestions?

Wikiposts

Seafood Restaurant Suggestions?

Old Sep 14th 2011, 12:04 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seafood Restaurant Suggestions?

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Has it really? About time.
I suppose I don't know for certain but when last down there it was closed and looked solidly so.

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
I wandered in out of curiosity once. It was dank, grubby and wholly unappealing. I can't imagine eating in it. Tourist trap.
I don't imagine I chose it but then seafood, like Mexican food, has always been a bit of a problem in Toronto so one must consider the dank and grubby spots.

There was a nice place at Jarvis and the eastbound street, Richmond or Adelaide, but it's gone. Bill's Lobsters had a picture of Jean Chretien eating in it but that didn't save the place. The Fish Market is now a condo foundation though they do have another restaurant in the Byward Market. Even the fabulous Cafe Brussels is no longer around.

There's sushi, there's Duckworth's fish and chips, but all in all, it's probably better to go somewhere with sea.