Scone - flavours

Old Jul 9th 2023, 2:25 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scone - flavours

Whats your favourite? What would you try?

I have a new job Whoop Whoop! Part of it is to bake savoury and sweet scones daily. Today's were bacon cheddar and coconut raspberry, also made apple pie focaccia and hokey pokey coffee cake.

other things made with scone dough - pulled pork hand pies and spanokopita hand pies.

I'd appreciate some ideas so I loom brilliant, p,ease and thank you. Only ever done home baking, so this is a bit deep end.
Old Jul 9th 2023, 4:22 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scone - flavours

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Whats your favourite? What would you try?

I have a new job Whoop Whoop! Part of it is to bake savoury and sweet scones daily. Today's were bacon cheddar and coconut raspberry, also made apple pie focaccia and hokey pokey coffee cake.

other things made with scone dough - pulled pork hand pies and spanokopita hand pies.

I'd appreciate some ideas so I loom brilliant, p,ease and thank you. Only ever done home baking, so this is a bit deep end.
Cheese and chive scones are my favourite. I've been making them for so long that I don't use a recipe, but this one is very similar
https://www.thehomecookskitchen.com/...avoury-scones/
Old Jul 9th 2023, 12:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Anything baked with cheese - scones, bagels, bread - is greatly enhanced with marmite.

Cheese and marmite might work. Or vegemite for those from down under.
Old Jul 10th 2023, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I usually fall victim to whatever scones they have in when I go to Cobs Bread. The Cranberry and Lemon scones they started stocking at Costco are surprisingly good too, don't have any kind of preservativey taste/texture.
Old Jul 11th 2023, 2:40 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Today I made red pepper cheddar and haskup berry. One sweet, one savoury each day.
Old Jul 11th 2023, 11:01 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Today I made red pepper cheddar and haskup berry. One sweet, one savoury each day.
It looks like you're way ahead of all of us.
Old Jul 12th 2023, 3:29 am

Today I was baking cakes in front of a Michelin starred chef, jeez. So stressy.

I was asked whonbaked the scones by a customer today. She then said she doesn't usually like scones that much. I told her it was me, she said I had made her a yummy lunch. She had wanted a Parisian sandwich, which is brie, ham, lettuce, raspberry jam and Dijon mustard, I had sold out of bread, brie, ham and lettuce, so she got a red pepper and cheddar scone, cheddar and Apple, ham and Dijon. Glad she liked it.

I do love feeding people.
Old Jul 12th 2023, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Sunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond repute

Our local cafe sells spinach & cheese scones that apparently are very tasty.
Old Jul 12th 2023, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sunnybrae
Our local cafe sells spinach & cheese scones that apparently are very tasty.
we do a spinachspinach (spanokopita style) hand pie out of scone dough.
Old Jul 13th 2023, 7:21 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Today I was baking cakes in front of a Michelin starred chef, jeez. So stressy.

I was asked whonbaked the scones by a customer today. She then said she doesn't usually like scones that much. I told her it was me, she said I had made her a yummy lunch. She had wanted a Parisian sandwich, which is brie, ham, lettuce, raspberry jam and Dijon mustard, I had sold out of bread, brie, ham and lettuce, so she got a red pepper and cheddar scone, cheddar and Apple, ham and Dijon. Glad she liked it.

I do love feeding people.
I am not sure I can help on the scone front BUT please do come and live with meee. Please.

And yes. From the sounds of it you have a gift and the Mich * person was lucky .

Just thought . The old apple and chutney thing.
Old Jul 14th 2023, 3:07 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

What about a cheese ham and pineapple? Call It the Hawaiian.
Old Jul 14th 2023, 10:34 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by bats
What about a cheese ham and pineapple? Call It the Hawaiian.
Put a policeman on top and call it The Hay Wain
Old Jul 14th 2023, 11:44 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Put a policeman on top and call it The Hay Wain
Agggghhhh
Old Jul 15th 2023, 1:27 am

Today was triple berry and olive, salami cheese and tomato cheese focaccia and carrot cake with a coconut buttercream icing.
Old Jul 16th 2023, 7:02 pm

We have a custom order at work for a carrot cake. It's costing the customer $75. I'm quite nervous about pulling it off. I'm just a self taught home baker. Didn't even do cooking for my exams, I did needlework. Lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.