Sales staff stalkers

Old Apr 8th 2017, 3:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sales staff stalkers

Ive only been to one Brick. The one in Squamish and they always came to see if you needed help but if you said no they left you alone.

I go to Ikea for furniture stuff simply because you dont get bothered by sales people.
Old Apr 8th 2017, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
The thing I found very strange about buying 'stuff' from the Philippines is that everything gets tested before you buy it.

I took a boxed rice cooker up to the counter and the salesperson unboxed it and plugged the damn thing in. My Wife explained this to me, apparently if it was working when you left the store, that is your warranty. You cannot bring it back in a few weeks complaining that it never worked.

Filipinos living in Canada must love Costco
Yes, virtually everything is tested - light bulbs,irons, cookers , even washing machines!I bought a new halogen oven recently and it was plugged in at the store, it came on so they switched it off and packed it. got it home and found the thermostat was faulty. Whatever you set it at it did not cycle and reached 260 degrees before i switched it off. Took it back to store "It was working when you took it yesterday sir" . Told them to plug it in, set it at any temp and wait. They set it at 175 , and put a temp sensor inside. It got to 260 and still had not switched off! Asked for replacement - no stock sir. OK please refund the money. Four people and umpteen bits of paper later , "Will take one month sir"! It actually took 3 weeks for it to re-appear in my UK bank. now, I wonder why a department store has a digital temperature probe in the oven section????
Old Apr 8th 2017, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Re The Brick. My son worked there after he left Future Shop when they closed. I think he lasted a week and hated every minute. Despite whatever they said to Bristol he was told he needed to pounce on people. Being commission only they have no choice if they want to earn any money otherwise a colleague will get that customer!!!
Old Apr 8th 2017, 7:45 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

It really should be illegal for stores to employ people on a commission only basis. Staff get up, dress up, front up and are there for their allotted hours - why the hell should the employer expect all that for free? grrrrrr
Old Apr 8th 2017, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Yup. Folks needing a living pushed by a ruthless and comfortable management team not to dissimilar to the poor people who are forced to work at bank branches and pushed to hit stupid targets.
forced to work at bank branches

Eh????
Old Apr 8th 2017, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
forced to work at bank branches

Eh????
Have you not been listening to the news? A few weeks back they were saying that the bank staff are being given unreasonable targets to the point it's making them sick from stress and in some cases they are selling unnecessary services/products to clients.
Old Apr 8th 2017, 4:20 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It really should be illegal for stores to employ people on a commission only basis. Staff get up, dress up, front up and are there for their allotted hours - why the hell should the employer expect all that for free? grrrrrr
It's not only sales staff that have that deal either - mechanics do too. If they are not physically working, they are not being paid.
Old Apr 8th 2017, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Flight crews as well. At least at US airlines. They are not paid for the time spent when boarding at the gate but they are working.

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
It's not only sales staff that have that deal either - mechanics do too. If they are not physically working, they are not being paid.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 5:47 am
Kelowna newbies July 15

Beckie and Morgan UK is an unknown quantity at this point

I get this all the time in the Mall....not like back home where I could nip round Meadowhall and be ignored to my hearts content!
I just find it so over the top "what are your plans for the rest of the day"
"What are you shopping for". I understand some people might want the help but it really grates on me..when they are really pushy with me now I say "fine thanks" but I look away and they seem to get the hint!!!!
Old Apr 9th 2017, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Have you not been listening to the news? A few weeks back they were saying that the bank staff are being given unreasonable targets to the point it's making them sick from stress and in some cases they are selling unnecessary services/products to clients.
This has nothing to do with being "forced to work".
Old Apr 9th 2017, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
This has nothing to do with being "forced to work".
I don't follow?
Old Apr 10th 2017, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I work in a small independent department store (not on any commission) & I'm constantly being told by the manager to hassle the customers, tell them what's on sale, try to up sell. I refuse to do it. The only time I ask customers if they need help is if they are looking at shoes or jewellery where they can't serve themselves, and that's only after I've given them a few minutes to check out the stock first. Or, if they are aimlessly wondering around looking lost I'll ask if they need help finding something.

The manager pretends that it's all about giving a good service to customers but it's not, it's all about making more sales so she can look good to the owners & say look how much profit increase there's been since I started. She doesn't seem to get that the majority customers do not want to be pounced upon & will likely not return in the future with that type of service.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was going to be something different. My friend went to collect a parcel from a couriers warehouse, later on she had a random friend request on Facebook. She didn't recognise him, she asked him did she know him and he said he had remembered her name from the package she collected and thought he'd add her on Facebook and ask her out...

She said she could imagine it being in a film as a romantic thing.. but in real life it was extremely weird and stalkerish!
Old Apr 10th 2017, 3:18 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by confused_uk
I work in a small independent department store (not on any commission) & I'm constantly being told by the manager to hassle the customers, tell them what's on sale, try to up sell. I refuse to do it
that was my son's experience many years ago when in was in store sales

Not just the 'stalkers', it's the constant sales pitch

On being 'hassled', take Walmart Canada - at the checkout it's the greeting followed with [the scripted] 'did you find everything you were looking for today' then the 'would you like to sign up for a Walmart credit card' you get this, that an the other.

Likely other major chain stores do the same
Old Apr 11th 2017, 4:18 am
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

I've actually told sales staff directly that if they continue to hassle me I'll leave and won't buy anything. If they continue to hassle me I leave the store so they loose the chance of a sale.
Also, just because someone spots you first, why should you have to deal with them. I find the person I want to deal with, not the one who's watching the door for their next victim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.