A sad reminder...

Old Oct 7th 2006, 5:26 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A sad reminder...

that Canada too has its share of idiots and vandals.

The images below were taken at Cathedral Grove, on Vancouver Island.

Old Oct 7th 2006, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A sad reminder...

Yes, you sometimes wonder how people can be so stupid and thoughtless. However, as a further comment, I was discussing something with my son the other day. He is 31 and I asked him about something he did when he was 18. I said when you did something stupid, did you think that nothing would happen to you? He said "No - we just did not THINK!"

I often think that such things as cutting down 700 year old trees are also done by people who just do not THINK.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 12:02 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lizwil98
Yes, you sometimes wonder how people can be so stupid and thoughtless. However, as a further comment, I was discussing something with my son the other day. He is 31 and I asked him about something he did when he was 18. I said when you did something stupid, did you think that nothing would happen to you? He said "No - we just did not THINK!"

I often think that such things as cutting down 700 year old trees are also done by people who just do not THINK.
I agree Liz but they didn't cut it down they set it on fire.

It was those in charge that had to cut it down to prevent the whole place going up in flames.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 11:09 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
that Canada too has its share of idiots and vandals.
You have to question the mindset of people who are prepared to take a drive to the middle of nowhere to wreak havoc.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 11:52 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by acer rose
You have to question the mindset of people who are prepared to take a drive to the middle of nowhere to wreak havoc.
This is just it. It's impossible to understand the frame of mind you have to be in to get a kick out of destroying a phone booth - or worse yet - a 700 year old living thing.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I did know that. I guess I wasn't thinking when I posted! Still, the result was probably worse - could have spread to lots more trees.