Wikiposts

Rose checking in :)

Old May 9th 2013, 12:24 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rose checking in :)

Good to hear your update Rose and pleased that you are coping. Counselling will be beneficial too. Stay strong and good luck.
Old May 13th 2013, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute

Atta girl, saw it, dealt with it, kicked it into touch, moving onwards and upwards! Fan-bloody-tastic xx
Old May 13th 2013, 5:15 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting and good to increase profile of BC.

I have been tested since my mum has had BC twice!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertain...ble-mastectomy
Old May 14th 2013, 6:32 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Not having such a good day. I subscribe to no less than two breast cancer support forum websites, and both of them have lost an active member today. Feeling really vulnerable, I thought I would go to deep water exercise class to focus on something else, and had my bag all packed then couldn't find the car key.

When number 2 son turns up with the key it is too late, and I've missed my class, so I horrify him by bursting into tears and telling him I'm afraid I am going to die!

Sorry son, that's just how I am some days, except you've never seen me do that before!

No big deal. I've just got to take some deep breaths and go to a later class!
Old May 14th 2013, 6:41 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Rose, I can only wish that I had words that would bring comfort and support. I so hope that you get the love and help that you need at this terrible time.
Old May 14th 2013, 7:32 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose
Not having such a good day. I subscribe to no less than two breast cancer support forum websites, and both of them have lost an active member today. Feeling really vulnerable, I thought I would go to deep water exercise class to focus on something else, and had my bag all packed then couldn't find the car key.

When number 2 son turns up with the key it is too late, and I've missed my class, so I horrify him by bursting into tears and telling him I'm afraid I am going to die!

Sorry son, that's just how I am some days, except you've never seen me do that before!

No big deal. I've just got to take some deep breaths and go to a later class!

Hugs xx that the way it goes xx highs and lows ... This is the time when we can use the phrase "emotional roller coaster"
Old May 14th 2013, 9:07 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose
Sorry son, that's just how I am some days, except you've never seen me do that before! No big deal. I've just got to take some deep breaths and go to a later class!
There's nothing wrong with him knowing you're scared, if he broods over it have a talk with him. You have all our best wishes Rose.
Old May 14th 2013, 12:15 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Phew, thanks guys. I did go to the later class, and by the time I finished felt quite a bit better.

Bloody emotional rollercoaster is right. I ride that thing several times a day sometimes!!! Millie there's really nothing anyone can say that can make things better, so don't worry!
I drove my son to work afterwards and was telling him about the prosthetics I was trying yesterday. I told him I was wondering where my own boob was now, and hoping it was in good hands! We even managed a bit of a laugh!

If you think being a BE addict is bad ...... I really think I got too involved with these cancer forums! The mutual support is terrific. People have helped me, and I have offered support to other newer members of that club to which we'd all rather not belong!

I was thinking just the other day that we seem to have an average about one death a month on the forum I mostly go to. It's a UK site though, so I recently joined a north American one (has a Canadian contingent).

Today both reported members passing away, and it was suddenly too much, especially when combined with not being able to find my keys and missing my class. It doesn't take much to upset my little applecart these days. (Where DID I get that phrase from?)

Anyway, now I've got chorus rehearsal, and I'm a bit wiped, which is why I wanted the earlier class. I'm going anyway, even if I have to sit and listen more than I'd like!!
Old May 15th 2013, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Being there for people and helping them and getting support is brilliant, i really mean that. Most of the time though other peoples problems similar to yours have totally different circumstances and lead to totally different outcomes and thats difficult especially if they have been there to support you and you them.
Your family will no doubt be quietly terrified some days too and crying and being an emotional wreck will probably help everyone to feel normal and say what might be in their own heads also because its bloody difficult being strong the whole time. Sing, get into the deep water but keep resurfacing
Old May 15th 2013, 12:39 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

I think being able to cope and stay positive helps, my gran had both her breasts removed, then had her hips replaced and recently had surgery done and she just keeps going
Old May 15th 2013, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Aww, missed this the other day - sorry you had such a crappy day Rose. Sounds perfectly normal to me though - you are allowed.

I love "violets are blue"'s comment - Sing, get into the deep water and keep re-surfacing.
Old May 17th 2013, 12:11 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Rose, I have not been on BE for ages and dipping in today I find this post from you. I am so sorry to hear your news but know that you have a fighting spirit to overcome everything that has been thrown at you.

I do Aquacise or Deep Water Workout Wednesday evenings with my daughter so if you are ever stuck for transport and want to do the class feel free to contact me and I can pick you up and take you.

I know it is easy for me to say, but keep positive. Thinking of you. Bev
Old May 18th 2013, 12:36 pm
little snowy owl

That's kind Bev where do you go?

I'm feeling a lot better. I just had a down day on Tuesday. I went to the bc supportive care on Thursday, and had a very good chat with the doctor there, and came away feeling somewhat better. She gave me some food for thought certainly and put a somewhat different slant on some of my thinking. Not that everything's suddenly hunky dory, but I think it is helping me over a bit of a hump.

Also, my dad, who is 90 next month called me and told me his best birthday present ever would be for me to get back for a visit, and he will pay for my flight "home". I do have a break between chemo and rads, so it looks like I can get back then, although I miss his actual birthday by a week! I think that added to my emotional state, as I really didn't expect to be able to go!

Anyway its all good ..... I went a little crazy with the exercise yesterday and slept all afternoon today. Mustn't make a habit of that! I only meant to lie down for an hour, so I hope I will be able to sleep tonight or will be a long night!!
Old May 18th 2013, 2:44 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rose, I go to Acadia on a Wednesday. It starts at 6.35 until the end of June, then it changes to a later time. There are classes during the day though and if you ever want to go to one I can take you (it doesn't have to be Acadia), I am free most days. I will PM you my telephone number and you can contact me any time if I can help.

I am so glad you can get back to see your Dad and celebrate his 90th birthday, but take it easy don't overdo it.

My Mum turns 90 this December and I was hoping also to get back sometime between September and next Spring to see her

Take care and do let me know if I can help you in any way or if you just want company to go to a class. Bev