British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Rob Ford Again (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/rob-ford-again-807532/)

caretaker Aug 29th 2013 12:14 am

Rob Ford Again

Says "Sure I smoked pot, lots of it." Good man! No beating around the bush, NO LYING, I may actually be starting to like this guy. Swaggering down the sidewalk like he's Johnny Walker, meeting his public, pressing the flesh. I know a lot of people and it would be hard to fill a bus with those who've never smoked dope. There isn't much I like about Toronto so I thought this was worth posting.

orly Aug 29th 2013 1:21 pm

Re: Rob Ford Again

Not exactly a surprise to see politicians (of all hues) coming along in recent days to admit their flouting of the law.

Greenhill Nov 5th 2013 5:15 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24824651

ExKiwilass Nov 5th 2013 5:17 pm

i thought he said he smoked crack, not dope?

Oink Nov 5th 2013 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 10875131)
Says "Sure I smoked pot, lots of it." Good man! No beating around the bush, NO LYING, I may actually be starting to like this guy. Swaggering down the sidewalk like he's Johnny Walker, meeting his public, pressing the flesh. I know a lot of people and it would be hard to fill a bus with those who've never smoked dope. There isn't much I like about Toronto so I thought this was worth posting.

And who hasn't got so drunk that they passed the crack pipe around with some mates, eh?

Former Lancastrian Nov 5th 2013 5:31 pm

So he's admitted that he has smoked crack cocaine and has been in drunken stupors before.
Smoking crack isn't illegal but being in possession of it is. I hardly think any criminal charges are going to be laid with or without a video.
So why is it an issue?

ExKiwilass Nov 5th 2013 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 10977911)
And who hasn't got so drunk that they passed the crack pipe around with some mates, eh?

:goodpost:

Jingsamichty Nov 5th 2013 5:43 pm

Thank goodness Calgary's mayor is just a nice Muslim boy who loves his mother.

ExKiwilass Nov 5th 2013 6:07 pm

he does seem like a nice boy.

And our Vancouver's mayor looks like a male model and embraces clean living

iaink Nov 5th 2013 6:16 pm

Apparently its not his fault he lied to the press all those times, they just weren't asking the right questions.:blink:

What do we really know about this guy? He comes from a fairly wealthy family not the blue collar everyman hes made out to be, the only time we hear from his wife is her 911 calls, he drinks to much, is stupid enough to be caught on camera smoking crack, denies it and then has to retract that.

And his popularity rating has gone up with the latest revelations. Is there really no credible political alternative? Is the cupboard that bare?

magnumpi Nov 5th 2013 6:20 pm

So, he IS the mayor that's he's cracked up to be :@)

Oink Nov 5th 2013 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by iaink (Post 10977993)
Apparently its not his fault he lied to the press all those times, they just weren't asking the right questions.:blink:

What do we really know about this guy? He comes from a fairly wealthy family not the blue collar everyman hes made out to be, the only time we hear from his wife is her 911 calls, he drinks to much, is stupid enough to be caught on camera smoking crack, denies it and then has to retract that.

And his popularity rating has gone up with the latest revelations. Is there really no credible political alternative? Is the cupboard that bare?

It don't say much for Toronto does it?

JamesM Nov 5th 2013 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 10978007)
It don't say much for Toronto does it?

People prefer the joke of city politics to the reality.

Almost Canadian Nov 5th 2013 6:38 pm

Is the issue that he smoked crack, or his "denials" that he had done so?

Oink Nov 5th 2013 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 10978009)
People prefer the joke of city politics to the reality.

He looks like he's had his fair share of sweet potato fries. You better watch yourself. ;)