Road rage in Canada

Old Aug 5th 2008, 4:22 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Road rage in Canada

I stumbled upon this video of some M25 road rage earlier tonight and it got me thinking that I haven't seen any road rage whatsoever in the last year. I've driven on numerous occasions to Vancouver, Calgary & Edmonton and never once was I subjected to any abuse.
I've been cut up, had some near misses and been really pissed off with people but never once have I had anyone get out of there car and mouth me off here in Canada.

Has anyone else?
Old Aug 5th 2008, 4:41 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Road rage in Canada

Originally Posted by Danny B
I stumbled upon this video of some M25 road rage earlier tonight and it got me thinking that I haven't seen any road rage whatsoever in the last year. I've driven on numerous occasions to Vancouver, Calgary & Edmonton and never once was I subjected to any abuse.
I've been cut up, had some near misses and been really pissed off with people but never once have I had anyone get out of there car and mouth me off here in Canada.

Has anyone else?

A number of years ago when driving home after a Calgary Hitmen hockey game when we only about three blocks from home we had the car in front of us stop for what I thought was no reason. I also stopped and the driver got out and walked back to my vehicle so I rolled down the window to ask if there was a problem.

I was then berated by this very obviously drunk individual for following him for miles with my high beams on. I had not followed him nor had I been driving with my high beams on. I told him that he was mistaken and I had just come up behind him at the last corner. He of course didn't believe me berated me some more and then spat in my face and stomped off.

I was stunned as was Mrs_P who was sitting beside me. I wiped off my face with a hankerchief and drove home vowing never to stop again in a similar situation. I threw away the hankerchief and had a shower when I got home I felt filthy.

Should it ever happen again I will drive around and keep going.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Steve_P
A number of years ago when driving home after a Calgary Hitmen hockey game when we only about three blocks from home we had the car in front of us stop for what I thought was no reason. I also stopped and the driver got out and walked back to my vehicle so I rolled down the window to ask if there was a problem.

I was then berated by this very obviously drunk individual for following him for miles with my high beams on. I had not followed him nor had I been driving with my high beams on. I told him that he was mistaken and I had just come up behind him at the last corner. He of course didn't believe me berated me some more and then spat in my face and stomped off.

I was stunned as was Mrs_P who was sitting beside me. I wiped off my face with a hankerchief and drove home vowing never to stop again in a similar situation. I threw away the hankerchief and had a shower when I got home I felt filthy.

Steve, how awful.
Hope you gave the police his licence plate. I would've.

Can't say i've ever witnessed road rage, here or UK, just really awful driving (especially here in Calgary!)
Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone else?
Danny

You obviously havent been the one dawdling down Deerfoot infront of me whilst I was cursing through the windshield

Shouting at people from within the confinds of my vehicle is my road rage - usually on or around Deerfoot

Does me the world of good

Gaynor
Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:25 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

I stumbled upon this video of some M25 road rage earlier tonight ...
The driver of the car sounds like a typical mouthy southern chav cock.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Seen a few verbals in town on super hot 35 degree days where some pill addled senior lost the plot or someone got a bit too eager to get into London Drugs for their meds but on the whole it's all chill here.

I think the beer and weed that people consume while driving around prevents the road rage, and just dulls their senses enough not to get them too excited about life on the highway

R.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:33 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone else?
Happens in BC quite often, had a run in with a truck driver today, who was determined to pull across in front of me whether I could stop or not. My truck was fully loaded. Then proceeded to get out and mouth of in display of illiterate, uneducated twaddle.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone else?
It seems really convenient that he happened to be videoing his journey just at the time a van shoved him out of the way. I know that there have been some dreadful road rage incidents in Britain, but I'm a bit dubious about this one and not suprised that the police didn't want to know (though I am suprised they didn't arrest him for 'driving whilst filming road rage' or whatever).
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

I admire your control Steve. I think I would have behaved in the same way up until the point of spitting.

Originally Posted by Steve_P

Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:24 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

We have road rage

http://www.thespec.com/news/article/399173
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit cocky in Canada and have been known to make hand gestures and pull faces but I shut up in Detroit, they have guns.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:49 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Women where I'm working now jog. Last week two of them were running across a junction with, they claim, the light when a van went through. One of them gave the driver the finger so he jumped out and chased them with "a metal thing". I was unsympathetic, they were out for a run anyway, that just speeded them up a bit.

For myself I routinely drive with one hand out of the window gesturing while I shout race based insults at other drivers.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:02 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joelsa
Hope you gave the police his licence plate. I would've.
I didn't get the licence plate or even type of vehicle, too shocked at what had just happened.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

no i haven't...but i have felt like doing it!!! hold me back!!
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:57 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

I imagine I inspire quite a lot of entirely legitimate road rage.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:42 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
I was actually looking for incidents of people getting out of their car, coming over to your vehicle and then slagging you off or worse still trying to punch you through an open window.

The cutting up of one another I can deal with, the gesturing and shouting I find amusing, but the actual act of someone stopping their car and walking over to yours, I haven't seen (so far) in Canada.

Some people like to test their brakes when people tailgate or piss them off, the incident you linked to was a brake test gone bad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.