Ride on Lawn Mowers

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:58 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ride on Lawn Mowers

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Incidently, just how long does the novelty of a ride-on lawnmower take to wear off?
One weekend.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
We have 8 acres and some is a little steep so we had to go for power also and ended up with a Husqvarna (? spelling). It has done a good job and can recommend but expensive.
We have 3 1/2 acres and also bought a Husqvarna and are very happy with it
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
We have 8 acres and some is a little steep so we had to go for power also and ended up with a Husqvarna (? spelling). It has done a good job and can recommend but expensive.
We've got a Husquavarna as well. It appears well built and no problems at all last year. Was a little more expensive than the Craftsman equivilent from Canadian Tire but accessories such as the grass collection bins are cheaper.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:41 am
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
You'll be asleep my dear, but I can wake you up with some drilling if you like!!

I bloody well will be after shovelling 200ft+ of our drive LOL
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:45 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

...or snow tires?

Incidently, just how long does the novelty of a ride-on lawnmower take to wear off?
Actually I still enjoy it. A chance for a little introspection.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:55 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Actually I still enjoy it. A chance for a little introspection.
Couldn't agree more.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:24 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

...or snow tires?
We bought a blade and snow chains for the tires and guess what, they are still in their boxes. It was too cold for OH to sit in garage and fit the blade and the chains probably wouldnt have been much help for the depth of snow we had this winter! Hopefully the blade will be on and will help to move some soil around this summer
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:56 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, but does it have a block heater?
...or snow tires?

Why would it, Its been away in the garage since October, and wont be out again till May probably... Ride on mowers suck for snow clearance....you can only clear in the direction you are heading in so you get boxed in easily, and they can suffer from poor traction even with weights and chains.

How long the novelty lasts is probably proportional to how buggy your yard is...With 3/4 of an acre or more its not really a novelty item as much as a necessity, and it still takes and hour and a half to cut the grass

Thankfully its usually brown and crispy and stopped growing for most of July and August.....
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iaink
Thankfully its usually brown and crispy and stopped growing for most of July and August.....
That makes the period for growth very small then? May-June and a little in the Autumn/Fall?

I've already started cutting mine and I won't stop until the end of October.

Add that to the 'positive' list for Canada then.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

That makes the period for growth very small then? May-June and a little in the Autumn/Fall?

I've already started cutting mine and I won't stop until the end of October.

Add that to the 'positive' list for Canada then.
Depends on the province, last year I mowed the couple of acres (5 hour job) every 2 to 3 weeks from I think it was June when we bought it through to October
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:53 am
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Also, the types of grass and soil makes a lot of difference. Last year, with all the rain, I had to cut mine once a week (May-September) to keep it under control (when I could be bothered, that is).

Compared to a buddy of mine who lives about 5 miles from my place, down by the river, I believe he only 'had' to cut his lawn maybe 3-4 times in total last year.

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Depends on the province, last year I mowed the couple of acres (5 hour job) every 2 to 3 weeks from I think it was June when we bought it through to October
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:57 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Last year I was mowing every week two, but last year was atypicalNever even made it to the beach, the water never got warm enough to consider swimming in the big lake.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a John Deere second hand from the vendor of the house I bought 15 years ago. It's over 20 years old now and I've never had a serious problem with it. The model is a Hydro 175. Don't go near Walmart or Canadian Tire IMHO.

Ahhh John Deere, you cant out run a deere but a john allways smells
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:31 am
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Steve ... dunno if you saw the ad in the paper today but Sears have a sale on this weekend.. extra 20% off mowers for 3 days I think it said.. might be worth checking out.

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
Cheers iaink, I actually had a look at a Craftsman today outside Sears, much better quality than the one in Wallymart. Will investigate further.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:32 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Hey Steve ... dunno if you saw the ad in the paper today but Sears have a sale on this weekend.. extra 20% off mowers for 3 days I think it said.. might be worth checking out.
Bella...you might need to take all those things back to Winners so Mr Stevo can get his Ride on Mower....yes even the bag.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.