REPO.COM BC/ALBERTA

Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up REPO.COM BC/ALBERTA

Hi still looking for a car when i stumbled across this website online. They sell repo cars at excellent prices with power train warranty and viewable car checks. There are 2 dealers one in Burnaby BC and the other in Calgary anybody used this company before?? Seems great??
www.repo.com
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Zap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: REPO.COM BC/ALBERTA

Originally Posted by scottymallo
Hi still looking for a car when i stumbled across this website online. They sell repo cars at excellent prices with power train warranty and viewable car checks. There are 2 dealers one in Burnaby BC and the other in Calgary anybody used this company before?? Seems great??
www.repo.com
I do not know about the one in BC but we have one here in Toronto. They stipulate that you cannot start the car up or drive it till you have bought it, firm. Sounds a bit dodgy to me and a bit like auto-roulette. Anyway, you have to pay them to put in a bid to the 'now owner' which is either the bank or the finance company. I think that they charge about $50 for the 'processing fee'.

I think that one of the fears is that you are acting for the person that had the car repo'ed in the first instance and will disappear with it once you have the key in your hand. Many of the cars are bought by dealers that can put the car on the ramp if needed to get the car flogged on to some poor soul.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Zap0ne
I do not know about the one in BC but we have one here in Toronto. They stipulate that you cannot start the car up or drive it till you have bought it, firm. Sounds a bit dodgy to me and a bit like auto-roulette. Anyway, you have to pay them to put in a bid to the 'now owner' which is either the bank or the finance company. I think that they charge about $50 for the 'processing fee'.

I think that one of the fears is that you are acting for the person that had the car repo'ed in the first instance and will disappear with it once you have the key in your hand. Many of the cars are bought by dealers that can put the car on the ramp if needed to get the car flogged on to some poor soul.
Thanks for the info! It might still be worth a look! i pop down for further investigation!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Canadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant future

Don't bother.

My business is to "find em and get em back " for leasing companies. If someone is NOT paying for the car, they sure a hell aren't going to be maintaining it , either. For that reason alone, stay away from any car that has been repossed , especially that company "Repo depot " on the Queensway, in Toronto,

Ever hear this phrase........You get what you pay for ? ?

Look for a car that has been on a 2 year lease, that has less than 60 k on it and ask the leasing company for the service records on the car. Many leasing companies have a "resale " lot that they use to sell their "back from lease " cars. In Ontario , if a vehicle has been a taxi, rental car, or Police vehicle, the seller MUST tell you that, in writing before the sale.

Jim B.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:42 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby had a look at the site (he wants to swap out a car again) and he thought they wer'nt much cheaper than dealer prices (I don't know as I don't look at that sort of stuff).

Didn't look to see where you are but we have bought from the Michener Allen Auctions and have quite often seen ex rentals and repo's go through there with warranty and stuff still on them at very reasonable prices. We're due to go to the one later this month. It'll be bloomin' cold but at least the dust will be down
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

The repo place i have been looking at is in Burnaby BC. They do come with power train warranty and independant report which tell you the full discription and problems with the car! Also they give a fixed price! I haven't seen anything mentioned regarding not able to test drive ect! I guess when your new to a country you are even more cautious!