Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Remember UK Kids TV programmes?

Remember UK Kids TV programmes?

Old May 25th 2007, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

lawson44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Remember UK Kids TV programmes?

What about Morph
Old May 25th 2007, 7:13 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jo Monaghan
I loved the Banana Splits, I was playing the Theme Song (a Punk Version by the Dickies) in the car one day now the kids sing it all the time!!
I, er, bought that single. Bright yellow it was.
Old May 26th 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simon876
Ah, memories.

My Dad took me to the Eastbourne Winter Gardens one afternoon to watch Jackie Pallo and Mick McManus. The old ladies were far more entertaining though!

What about Les Kellet and Masambula?

Simon
What abut Billy Two Rivers the Mohican Indian?
Old May 26th 2007, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bleech
It didn't work
It was supposed to be a picture of Joey Deacon. Any child of the 80s should know who he is!
I remember him

People would get called a 'Joey' - hubby has just informed me that he went to his school to do a visit - "bless"
Old May 26th 2007, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Born2BCanadians is an unknown quantity at this point

Who remembers, or knows of Trumpton, and Toytown - with Larry the Lamb??????????

My Uncle, Colin Large, made all the sceneries, houses etc for them and a few other programmes. I'm proud of him for that - Sad init?

Point of interest is that coincidentally he emigrated to Vancouver in the late 70's!!!
Old May 27th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Turmpton rocked, i loved it. Very cool!!
Old May 27th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Batfink
Oh yes - silly me! Did he have blue hair and live in a lighthouse....?
sounds about right...i remember he had a tuft of hair on the crown of his head,which wiggled when he done magic
Old May 27th 2007, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

I can remember most of the ones listed here through TV time with my kids but I can't believe I'm the only one who remembers "Muffin the Mule" and "Oswald the Ostrich" - mid 40's when the ONLY choice of programme on TV was BBC.
Old May 27th 2007, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

How could you all forget about "The Clangers" and Carl says The Red Hand Gang.
Tracey
Old May 27th 2007, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Remember UK Kids TV programmes?

Originally Posted by Arris
Remember 'Babapapa' - a family of different coloured 'blobs' (for want of a better word), who could change themselves into different shapes
Wow I left the UK
in 1957 but I remember my sister watching the Wooden tops Bill and Ben
and was it romper room ????Are you sitting comfortably then I shall begin.
That could have been listen with Mother on the wireless.
Old May 27th 2007, 9:49 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Tracey
No one forgot them!
Old May 29th 2007, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice

Why Don't You....

Captain Pugwash.....
Old May 29th 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

why dont you,switch off your television set and go out and do something less boring instead.........i sent a joke to that show years ago......they never read it out
Old May 29th 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Tracey
cant get the theme of the red hand gang out of my head now.........i can imagine this what kate must feel like
Old May 29th 2007, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice

What about Top Cat and Yogi Bear... i'm on a roll now