Relocation costs

Old Nov 10th 2007, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice
Default Re: Relocation costs

Hi Dawn,
I was just about to add my own thread on this very subject and I noticed yours.

Good information, but it does seem to vary? We have some saying $40 to $50000 and some saying £100000. This seems ver high to me, that's nearly $200000can???????

Does this included house deposits??

Thanks for all this info, it is much needed.

regards,
Carl
Old Nov 10th 2007, 9:44 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all

Hi Carl

Your right they do vary somewhat - but at least we get an idea....

Nice Car
Old Nov 10th 2007, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Alro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant future

Afternoon all,

We spent lots of money just like everyone else.

£4000 20ft container
£3000 flights (was first class though)
£300 to ship two cats
$34000 for new car - now switched to dollars
$1000 for hotel while we waited for our things to arrive
$800 on a new dining table and six chairs
$800 for new sofa bed for all our new friends to want to come and visit us and of course go sking.
$500 for vallium pills when OH wanted to buy a $4000 TV (it ain't going to happen)
$1200 new ski equipment for all of us (two adults and two kids)

The look on my son's face the night he went on his first trick or treating - priceless (needles to say that he was ecstatic)

Sometimes I think you are better off not adding up - you may need to sit down first

Alro
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:48 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably about £1200 to get out here on work permits and $3000 to get PR. Kept most of our stuff in the UK (flats rented out furnished; other stuff stored with family). If you really want, you could add on the cost of buying more furniture and things in Canada (say $4000), but we'd have had these expenses if we'd stayed in the UK and rented out our flats to live somewhere a bit nicer (which was Plan B).
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:29 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

wow looking at all this does open the eyes but going to be worth every penny or $ (I hope)thanks guys

kate