Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Was it really a hunger strike?

Was it really a hunger strike?

Old Jan 26th 2013, 7:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was it really a hunger strike?

Originally Posted by orly
Leave by the nearest exit...seriously.
Eh? Canuck74 doesn't write very well but surely "white trash" is right on the money.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 7:58 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Eh? Canuck74 doesn't write very well but surely "white trash" is right on the money.
Probably like saying everyone in BC is Chinese and everyone in SK is German.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 8:33 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawk13
Haha - nice one.
Originally Posted by macadian
+1
Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Are all criticisms aimed at those of a different race racist?
No - and I wasn't actually replying to criticism or anything you've said.

Anyway, do you think the above posters are amused by the caricature of first nations people in GavinR's joke or do you think they are amused because that is actually what they believe first nations people are like? I've seen their posting history and I know where my opinion lies.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Canuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. hahahahaha

Old Jan 26th 2013, 10:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly
Probably like saying everyone in BC is Chinese and everyone in SK is German.
That's not the case at all. GavinR has been described, fairly in my view, as being an "ignorant moron", he's been invited to stay in Alberta with like minded people. That says that there are such people in Alberta (a point I'd think inarguable) not that all people in Alberta think that way.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 11:56 pm
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

That's not the case at all. GavinR has been described, fairly in my view, as being an "ignorant moron", he's been invited to stay in Alberta with like minded people. That says that there are such people in Alberta (a point I'd think inarguable) not that all people in Alberta think that way.
My what a charming fellow you are. Perhaps you'd like to give some reasoning behind your snap judgement made on a few posts.

Seems like the bully pulpit is alive and well for the liberal elite doesn't it?
Old Jan 26th 2013, 11:57 pm
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

I'd love to hear your definition of white trash and see how much of it applies
Old Jan 27th 2013, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Oh good. The opportunity for some acceptable racism.
The movement, with its vast and ill-defined agenda, its vague and shifting demands, its many different self-appointed spokespersons, is open to any number of different interpretations. But the absolutist rhetoric, the dismissal of dissenting opinion as so much “racism,” and above all, the rigid insistence on adhering to the same approaches that have so signally failed to date, do not suggest a happy future for aboriginal relations.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...nal-community/
Old Jan 27th 2013, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GavinR
Anyone in Alberta obviously. The province where the residents of the largest city voted in a south asian muslim mayor.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 1:03 am
Meh

Originally Posted by jimf
Anyone in Alberta obviously. The province where the residents of the largest city voted in a south asian muslim mayor.
Who is also gay, and got voted back in by a massive margin. As opposed to Ontario's largest City who's mayor is Rob Ford.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Vikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really nice

Nobody here has mentioned bill C45. The bill that started the protests. I think Chief Spences "hunger strike" has done nothing other than distract from the real issues. The link gives a brief explanation of the bill and its connection to idle no more.

http://www.guelphmercury.com/opinion...-more-movement.

As far as the original question goes, I don't think you could call it a hunger strike, more of a diet, and clearly its no atkins judging by the pics of her afterwards.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 2:32 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by GavinR
Fat and tasteless are supported by your posts about cars, politically neanderthal by your posts on this thread.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 2:34 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by jimf
You will note that above I defended the residents of Alberta against the popular view that they're all white trash. I don't think all of them are.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 3:11 am
Meh

Fat and tasteless are supported by your posts about cars, politically neanderthal by your posts on this thread.
Calling me fat is politically incorrect didn't you know? My posts about cars, I suspect I know more about them than you'll ever know, having certification in motor vehicle engineering and design, 25 years as a classic car restoration technician, building and racing them etc.

So, a couple of tasteless jokes (well one anyway) and you're all wound up, eh? Sad.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 3:19 am
Meh

You will note that above I defended the residents of Alberta against the popular view that they're all white trash. I don't think all of them are.
Since Calgary is the third most ethnically diverse City in Canada, I should think not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.