Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

the real meaning of xmas...

the real meaning of xmas...

Old Dec 26th 2008, 2:44 pm
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold
Default the real meaning of xmas...

Getting crap pressies.

Well, what kind of horribleness did you unwrap this year?

My fambly is doing xmas today (delayed, travel chaos) so I'll contribute later. Guaranteed.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the real meaning of xmas...

My hubby waited until noon christmas eve to go and buy me something ..

I got a Sarah Mcloughan (spelt totally wrong) greatest hits CD (only like 2 songs on it which i downloaded a few years back)

$40 gift voucher for shoppers drug mart.

A tub of Caburys chocolate fingers.

I brought him some slippers as his were falling to pieces and a family size griddle (he loves his griddle).

Better luck next year.

lmao .. Our first xmas together 6 xmas's ago he brought me a mirror, a picture frame and a vase .. The look of disappointment on my face i think said it all that year ..

Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sas-lou
My hubby waited until noon christmas eve to go and buy me something ..
Better late than never
I got a Sarah Mcloughan (spelt totally wrong) greatest hits CD (only like 2 songs on it which i downloaded a few years back) He must really love you

$40 gift voucher for shoppers drug mart. You can buy more cadbury,s chocs

A tub of Caburys chocolate fingers.

I brought him some slippers as his were falling to pieces and a family size griddle (he loves his griddle).

Better luck next year.

lmao .. Our first xmas together 6 xmas's ago he brought me a mirror, a picture frame and a vase .. The look of disappointment on my face i think said it all that year .. Some gals are never happy

Are you 2 still together after such a pleasant exchange of gifts
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

I am just so fussy that I bought my own prezzies and wrapped em myself! OK, hubby was not amused when I told him a few weeks back. But I just couldn't be bothered to write a list for him of what I wanted (as I didn't know myself) and I knew he wouldn't get me exactly what I wanted!

I guess I should'nt really complain as when I gave him a list the other year for Valentines I wrote down 5 perfumes for him to choose from.............he came back with all 5! Bless him and they were all 'perfumes' large bottles!
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracie107
I am just so fussy that I bought my own prezzies and wrapped em myself! OK, hubby was not amused when I told him a few weeks back. But I just couldn't be bothered to write a list for him of what I wanted (as I didn't know myself) and I knew he wouldn't get me exactly what I wanted!

I guess I should'nt really complain as when I gave him a list the other year for Valentines I wrote down 5 perfumes for him to choose from.............he came back with all 5! Bless him and they were all 'perfumes' large bottles!
Oh you spoilt brat
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

We have a maximum spend of $30 on each other for christmas, and that should buy 3 presents.

This way you don't get expensive mistakes, plenty of thought goes into the gifts, and you can buy silly things too that are appreciated.

So no duff presents for me this year
Old Dec 26th 2008, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

So far i have had some lovely presents, both sets of parents and great grandad to go yet,

OH got it spot on and spent a lot of effort on mine really made me feel aprieciated and happy,

I think he has it sussed now, no practical presents, just indulgance for me

Happy Christmas everyone
Old Dec 26th 2008, 5:05 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I have felt totally spoilt this year and no naff pressies

Daughter was speechless over the Wii and said it was the best christmas ever. I was surprised at that as it was sooo low key - but we ALL had a go on the Wii and my arm aches today
Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:43 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
We have a maximum spend of $30 on each other for christmas, and that should buy 3 presents.

This way you don't get expensive mistakes, plenty of thought goes into the gifts, and you can buy silly things too that are appreciated.

So no duff presents for me this year
I think this is so true! We did a secret santa at work and had to spend a max $15 on five "gifts", one for each day. You could get five small gifts or four tiny and one "climax" gift for Friday. I'd just started so didn't know the girl I was buying for, but it was a real challenge finding things that were just right and didn't beat the budget. Fun! (surpisingly)

Our eldest wanted to get his gf presents on almost no money at all (necessity, not choice, I might add), but she was delighted with her Santa Sack of goodies, each chosen with great care, and claimed they were a much better gift than the IPod () she'd got for him!

We had a real fun day, and hope you all did too!
Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Oh you spoilt brat

I really wanted an RV............didn't get one!
Old Dec 26th 2008, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I'm writing to you on our new joint pressie. A new iMac. Still finding my way around, but very happy so far
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Two pairs of (much-needed) runners (trainers), a very large external hard drive (also much-needed) which gifter thoughtfully already partly loaded with a selection of books, songs and movies that he thought I'd like, and assorted other items.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:50 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs JonboyE bought me a box set of CDs she wanted and I bought her a cordless driver that I wanted.

A perfect Christmas.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

No naff presents here.

I got a copy of photoshop elements that I wanted, a book on how to use it, some knitting yarn (gorgeous soy-wool-silk blend), a knitting bag. And some Lush smellies from the kids.

I was one happy bunny
Old Dec 27th 2008, 5:21 am
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold

What's wrong with you people?! Can't you read?

This thread is about crap pressies... if you want to purrr with pleasure about your perfume, computers, CDs and other carefully selected and wonderful gifts start your own boring thread!!! :curse::curse:

OK...

As stated, I said I would contribute later as my fambly xmas thingy was today and so later is now. Imagine the lump in my throat as I ripped the paper off of this puppy...

Oh, yes... not four Ziploc storage containers, not a half a dozen... but a 22 count, all in various size! All in a nifty box, that you can carry like a two-four. Bliss, eh?

That is a crap pressie.

I win this thread.

the end! thank you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.