Wikiposts

the RCMP and women.

Old May 28th 2012, 4:11 pm
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the RCMP and women.

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I don't have a dog in this race.. but why boy d are you being so defensive?

Are you maintaining that there's no gender discrimination and harassment within the RCMP? Because if so, I call bullshit.

Sorry. But so it is.
Not sure I was defensive, please show me where. I have no doubt it happens. But I don't believe it is as systemic as some would have us believe. Maybe I'm wrong. There are a lot of employees across the country. I only have experience here in greater Vancouver to draw on. I do know the complaints are being taken seriously.

Last edited by Boy d; May 28th 2012 at 4:15 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:13 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

New harassment claim against RCMP in Coquitlam, BC:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/RCM...933/story.html

Again, it's a woman.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:43 am
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
New harassment claim against RCMP in Coquitlam, BC:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/RCM...933/story.html

Again, it's a woman.
not that i know anything about this matter, but a series of events that surround one incident, does not harassment make. It seems that any internal rift or personality conflict is now fair game to be labeled as harassment.

I think some objectivity is called for, which, incidentally, is the foundation of good investigative practises. Maybe she's telling the truth, but seems very one sided to me. Not to mention the one-sided media slant, as is so common these days.

It should be considered that she may have actually committed an offence and is laying track with her harassment claims I can tell you very flatly that the decision to enter into a criminal investigation is not taken lightly.

Time will tell

Last edited by Boy d; Jun 4th 2012 at 2:51 am.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:51 am

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on dboy - I'm not an investigator. But if it's in the media it's worth posting here imo. I dont' believe most people would lay a harrassment claim against the RCMP lightly, considering the costs of a lawyer, public exposure, etc. etc.

Time will tell.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:54 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on dboy - I'm not an investigator. But if it's in the media it's worth posting here imo. I dont' believe most people would lay a harrassment claim against the RCMP lightly, considering the costs of a lawyer, public exposure, etc. etc.

Time will tell.
when in trouble: deny, deny, counter-accuse - standard legal defence tactics

As you say time will tell
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike

yup
Old Jun 4th 2012, 4:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike

Exactly my point.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 4:46 am
Banned

Time will tell.
I choose not to arrive at any conclusions, especially based on media articles. I have no idea if the allegations are truthful or not. But when conducting an investigation, you look at all the facts with an open mind and resist falling into tunnel vision. All possibilties have to be carefully considered. You have already decided that this complainant is being truthful and the members are at fault.

I'd hardly agree that the effort is as much as you suggest. The employee is a city clerk and will have the Assisiance of her union. Not to mention the frame work for harassment complaints.

It's open season at present for any employee to file a complaint. Even the RCMP internally is encouraging complaints.....
Old Jun 4th 2012, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Boy d
You have already decided that this complainant is being truthful and the members are at fault.

I don't know if she is being truthful, and neither do you.

The fact is, there have been an increasing number of these complainants going public. I just think it's unlikely that there would be nothing wrong with the RCMP and yet people come forward with allegations like this.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 5:18 am
Banned

I don't know if she is being truthful, and neither do you.

The fact is, there have been an increasing number of these complainants going public. I just think it's unlikely that there would be nothing wrong with the RCMP and yet people come forward with allegations like this.
Any large organization experiences such issues, however, those accused deserve to not be tried in the court of public opinion. 70 percent of cops in this province are RCMP members and about 50 pecent nationally. Purely by a function of numbers we will have more complaints.

No we don't know what happened, but your slant and approach is clear to which side you are leaning towards. As I say, be objective. I don't doubt that there wil be some truth to a number of the allegations....others I'm not so confident.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Boy d
Any large organization experiences such issues, however, those accused deserve to not be tried in the court of public opinion. 70 percent of cops in this province are RCMP members and about 50 pecent nationally. Purely by a function of numbers we will have more complaints.

No we don't know what happened, but your slant and approach is clear to which side you are leaning towards. As I say, be objective. I don't doubt that there wil be some truth to a number of the allegations....others I'm not so confident.
Your slant is pretty obvious too dboy.

And this is not just 'any large organization'. It's a very important one with an unusual amount of power over other people's lives.

It deserves to be kept under close scrutiny.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 5:36 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

No one likes a grass.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Oink
No one likes a grass.
I support the whistle blowers
Old Jun 4th 2012, 6:17 am
Banned

Your slant is pretty obvious too dboy.

And this is not just 'any large organization'. It's a very important one with an unusual amount of power over other people's lives.

It deserves to be kept under close scrutiny.
I shall take that as an admission then...

Yes, we deserve very close scrutiny...that is happening. I'm simply reserving judgement....can't say the same for you.

Edit..google galliford, apparently her claims of sexual harassment are failing to pan out. Sad to see the Media spin out of this one especially the mcleans article. Nice to see unbiased, objective reporting.

Last edited by Boy d; Jun 4th 2012 at 7:59 am.